Drink packages

Ladyaruba

we will be cruising on HAL Noordam

Not sure if we should get the drink packages. I read that both people in the room would have to get the same package. $90-100 a day TOTAL

My husband will drink more alcoholic drinks than I will and neither drink that much soda

Does anyone know what price would include Tanguery Gin & tonic if they have that brand

6 G&T drinks at $15 would be worth getting a package for sure.

So many decisions! Thanks

Ladyaruba -- remember to allow for having to buy the package for ALL of your days, including the ones you spent on a beach or on an excursion. Trying to drink the whole day's worth at dinner or after is hard on the hangover!

How would I do that? Can you buy only so many days? No idea how this works, sorry!

What I mean is, the cruiseline only sells ALL OR NOTHING. They price it by the day but they sell it by the cruise. And you're probably not on the ship all the days... although you MIGHT be back on the ship by Happy Hour, that depends on YOU and an your itinerary. Then I referred to *some* people's possible motivation to tuck away $52 in drinks during the evening hours back on the ship... not that you would do that, but some might.

Many if not all lines do not even sell the packages during Spring Break!

What I mean is, the cruiseline only sells ALL OR NOTHING. They price it by the day but they sell it by the cruise. And you're probably not on the ship all the days... although you MIGHT be back on the ship by Happy Hour, that depends on YOU and an your itinerary. Then I referred to *some* people's possible motivation to tuck away $52 in drinks during the evening hours back on the ship... not that you would do that, but some might.

Many if not all lines do not even sell the packages during Spring Break!

Thanks crystalspin!

I occasionally drink soda and I might have 1 or 2 alcohol drinks while hubby might have 3/4 but no soda.

Sounds like we may be better off buying as we go. We probably won't drink the same amounts everyday either depending on our excursions.

I do plan on bringing some water and Crystal light packets.