Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

We just got off of the Divina yesterday and are already ready to re-book! Looking to book two cabins for a total of six persons (including two adults and four children). Want balcony cabins this time. Need either two triples or a double and quad. Would consider best options for neighboring cabins (including one of the aft balconies, near a side balcony, or two adjoining cabins). What are our best combination options? It will be our 6th time on MSC and we are all very quiet, so prefer quieter areas with less traffic. No mobility issues at all, we are all very comfortable navigating the ship, and have no adverse issues with motion. Were in interior cabins on deck 13 way up front by the bridge last week; had the best cabin steward ever! Thanks in advance.

RECESSED AREA

ALL the inter-connecting cabins, including the "super family" cabins are in the recessed areas of the ship and not on the humps. and so will have different angles of fields of vision. none will have a full 180 degree field.

Those on decks 12 and 13 , in the recessed areas will be affected by the shadow of the overhang of deck 14

those on deck 8 will have lifeboats up to half the height of the balcony

FORWARD HUMP

deck 8 and 9 forward hump as well as some deck 10 ,11 and 12 have steel "in Hull " balconies .

So I would either get two adjoining cabins on a deck 9,10 or 11 in the recessed area,

DECK 12 or 13 forward hump next door cabins would be good

or, the BEST option IMHO ...............

2 next door cabins on the stern, especially deck 10 or 11 as the balconies are HUGE!!!

edit JUST checked the deck plans all stern cabins are for 2 only, no 3/4 occupancy cabins

NEXT BEST ............

2 next door cabins on the rear hump , avoiding the rearmost 2 or 3 , which have steel balconies and deck 13 (overhead noise).

both the rear/stern options will tend to be quieter.

Read the deck plans carefully with reference to the symbols for interconnecting cabins as well as 3rd/4th beds/bunks

Good luck with your choice

pete

Edited by Skier52

RECESSED AREA

ALL the inter-connecting cabins, including the "super family" cabins are in the recessed areas of the ship and not on the humps. and so will have different angles of fields of vision. none will have a full 180 degree field.

Those on decks 12 and 13 , in the recessed areas will be affected by the shadow of the overhang of deck 14

those on deck 8 will have lifeboats up to half the height of the balcony

FORWARD HUMP

deck 8 and 9 forward hump as well as some deck 10 ,11 and 12 have steel "in Hull " balconies .

So I would either get two adjoining cabins on a deck 9,10 or 11 in the recessed area,

DECK 12 or 13 forward hump next door cabins would be good

or, the BEST option IMHO ...............

2 next door cabins on the stern, especially deck 10 or 11 as the balconies are HUGE!!!

edit JUST checked the deck plans all stern cabins are for 2 only, no 3/4 occupancy cabins

NEXT BEST ............

2 next door cabins on the rear hump , avoiding the rearmost 2 or 3 , which have steel balconies and deck 13 (overhead noise).

both the rear/stern options will tend to be quieter.

Read the deck plans carefully with reference to the symbols for interconnecting cabins as well as 3rd/4th beds/bunks

Good luck with your choice

pete

The shadow on the 13th deck balconies is great if you're looking for a nice shady spot to read a book or just enjoy the view. We had 13065 which has a large overhang from 14th. In April 2016, we'll be in 13127, and I look forward to a balcony protected from the sun and the rain. Being from Florida, we learned a long time ago that the sun is not your skin's friend.

Good day...I have waded through all 477 posts on this thread, and have come to these conclusions about our cabin on Divina for May, 8114: It is a standard balcony cabin; since it does not have any insides across from it, it will likely have a couch; it is on the list of those having a tub/shower combo; It will have a splendid view of the tops of lifeboats. It is also above the Jazz Club... Is there anything else that I might like to know about it? We booked with the two-for-one balcony deal, and assume we are Bella. Does loyalty level affect the amenities, or lack thereof, for Bella? Although this is only our second MSC cruise, matching loyalty level from another line puts us well above entry level...

Thanks, EM

Good day...I have waded through all 477 posts on this thread, and have come to these conclusions about our cabin on Divina for May, 8114:

It is a standard balcony cabin; Correct; since it does not have any insides across from it, that does not influence whether it is a standard size or not

it will likely have a couch; Correct

it is on the list of those having a tub/shower combo; Correct

It will have a splendid view of the tops of lifeboats.Correct

It is also above the Jazz Club..It is above the Piano bar not the Jazz bar.

Is there anything else that I might like to know about it?Yes !! You may not get meals in the MDR if the ship is near capacity.. If you are linked to other guests and sit together at Dinner you all have to have the same AI drinks package if you have them. This does not apply to the voucher packages

We booked with the two-for-one balcony deal, and assume we are Bella. It is a Bella cabin by definition and not because it is on a 2 for 1 offer

Does loyalty level affect the amenities, or lack thereof, for Bella? No, "loyalty" is separate from "experience" and what you get is determined by your level

Although this is only our second MSC cruise, matching loyalty level from another line puts us well above entry level...

Thanks, EM

Try this link for the amenities , or lack of them, in Bella as well as perks for the loyalty club

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Good day...I have waded through all 477 posts on this thread, and have come to these conclusions about our cabin on Divina for May, 8114: It is a standard balcony cabin; since it does not have any insides across from it, it will likely have a couch; it is on the list of those having a tub/shower combo; It will have a splendid view of the tops of lifeboats. It is also above the Jazz Club... Is there anything else that I might like to know about it? We booked with the two-for-one balcony deal, and assume we are Bella. Does loyalty level affect the amenities, or lack thereof, for Bella? Although this is only our second MSC cruise, matching loyalty level from another line puts us well above entry level...

Thanks, EM

If you are not happy with you cabin assignment, call MSC and express your disappointment. You can even tell them that you are considering cancelling your cruise. I have done this twice and found the people at MSC to be very easy to work with; both times I received a better cabin. The earlier you call them before your cruise date, the better chance you have to get a change in cabins. Good luck.

We are not unhappy with our cabin. In fact, we are delighted. Our previous Divina cabin was one of their tiniest insides. But the cruise was only three days, and didn't realize until the last morning that there were much larger insides. EM

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

12093 please! :)

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

12289 please.

Not a problem. Cabin 13045 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only. (Some regular balcony cabins have a shower/tub combination though they are not advertised.)

Hope this helps!

Bret

If you don't mind - what do you know about 9267? Thanks

12289 please.

You have a standard cabin size, 192 sq ft ( 168 living area. 24 bathroom0 You do however have a slightly larger balcony 55 sq ft ( Standard is 42 sq ft)

I would say you have a very nice cabin with great views.

A typical deck 12 aft balcony

Deck12_aft.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you don't mind - what do you know about 9267? Thanks

Standard size cabin 192 sq ft ( living area 168, bathroom 24) with a standard size balcony (42 sq ft).

It is a corner aft balcony so will have a stairwell to one side but my recollection of the stairs is they are seldom used , just the occasional person taking a photo of the wake of the ship. nothing to worry about

a typical aft balcony on deck 9

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

You have a standard cabin size, 192 sq ft ( 168 living area. 24 bathroom0 You do however have a slightly larger balcony 55 sq ft ( Standard is 42 sq ft)

I would say you have a very nice cabin with great views.

A typical deck 12 aft balcony

Deck12_aft.jpg

Pete

Thank you!!!

Pete,

I have changed cabins to 11224. Is there any downside or negative issues that you are aware of? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm sure you are aware that it is a large corner balcony with a huge balcony, 124 sq ft, and that the filed of view is forward only ( 90 degrees). As it is on deck 11 it will only be very slightly impacted by the deck 14 overhang ,if at all.

The beauty of these balconies is they have shady as well as sunny areas , best of both worlds.

It is close to the rear bank of lifts, which gives easy access to the MDRs, there may be a reasonable amount of footfall past the door from guests occupying cabins forward of you , but not too much as the central bank of lifts is nearer the stern than the bow so there are less than 20 cabins between you and halfway to the next bank of lifts.

Your balcony is the one between the red and blue marks on the image below

d8391711-6d5c-4765-a505-b449b6709838.jpg

and this is what it will look like from the cabin

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi, booked Cabin 8029. From the deck plans it doesn't look like there is any obstruction.

Can you please let me know how this cabin is? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes the deck plan is not fully informative and you have to view the ship from the outside.

You have got a balcony that is surrounded by steel, "Steel in hull" like a big window with no glass, so it isn't a standard balcony.

Two cabins share one opening in the hull.

It is still a balcony when all is said and done , and if the price reflects what it is, then you should but OK with it.

I've marked where your balcony is located.

8029.jpg

This is a typical STEEL IN HULL balcony of the type you'll have.

balconyinhull.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Not a problem. Cabin 13045 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only. (Some regular balcony cabins have a shower/tub combination though they are not advertised.)

Hope this helps!

Bret

Hi Bret - considering Aurea class on the Divina for summer of 2017. Any info on cabins 12060 or 12062? Are they basically all the same size for Aurea class on decks 12 & 13? Are they larger with more amenities than the cabins midship/aft in the other categories?

Thanks much & Happy New Year!

Hi There. Can you check for me cabin 8123 & 8125? Trying to get it changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they both look at the top of a lifeboat

This is the view

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

the only deck 8 balconies with unrestricted fields of view are those on the rear hump

8226/8; 8230/2/4/6/8; 8240/4/8; 8250/4 on the starboard side (8258/8262 have steel balconies)

8231/3/5/7/9; 8241/3/5/7; 8251/5/9; (8263/7 have steel balconies) on the port side.

these are all the Bella balcony cabins. If you can't get one of the numbers given, or one of the cabins on the stern, then you have to go to Fantastica to get a better view, but, some of the deck 9 balconies are steel as well:- all those on the front hump.

Pete

Edited by Skier52