Nassau Beach Resort - Sandy Toes, Blue Lagoon or Atlantis?

katjef

Based of fun and value, what are your experiences with Sandy Toes, Blue Lagoon and Atlantis resorts? Also what tour companies did you use? Thanks!

We've done them all.

Sandy Toes would be my pick for a day away from the crowds. It used to be called Robinson Cruisoe, so you get the jist of it. It's "roughin it" on a private beach away from the crowds, noise and cruiseships. It's about 40 minutes from the dock.

BLue Lagoon is a gorgeous inner lagoon on a private island. Great for kids and families. The dolphins are watchable from the beach and dock area.

Water in the lagoon is shallow and great for kids. LOTS of fun for kids. The back side of the island is just steps away, and much quieter and relaxed. I love this island... but it's very popular and gets a bit over commercialized. I liked it better BEFORE is became a cruisers paradise.

As for Atlantis. We hated it. The waterpark is huge but only has a handful of rides, and is disorganized. WAY too crowded and not relaxing at all. I wouldn't step foot on this property again, but that's just me.

I loved the blue lagoon, was there just two weeks ago. I went further in, where there is hardly any people, AMAZING! It was like having this paradise all to yourself. Now this will be my go to place any time I will be in Nassau. I took the excursion from the ship.

I loved the blue lagoon, was there just two weeks ago. I went further in, where there is hardly any people, AMAZING! It was like having this paradise all to yourself. Now this will be my go to place any time I will be in Nassau. I took the excursion from the ship.

So glad to hear the Blue Lagoon excursion is so highly talked about. How much time did you have there? Our excursion is only 4hrs (which doesn't leave much as you need to add travel time), but it gets pretty good reviews from here that we've signed up (but not the dolphin encounter as I see you did)

So glad to hear the Blue Lagoon excursion is so highly talked about. How much time did you have there? Our excursion is only 4hrs (which doesn't leave much as you need to add travel time), but it gets pretty good reviews from here that we've signed up (but not the dolphin encounter as I see you did)

My excursion was at 10, they said it will take 45 minute boat ride to get there.

They have ferry leaving at 1, 2 and 4. I stayed till the very end, 4 o'clock.

But here is a bit of advice. I had my watch that I never changed the time of. So when I looked at my watch it was only 2:45, but I have noticed that most of the people were gone, I thought oh its probably because they went to eat lunch. Then I hear someone say its 3:45 and they will be walking to the ferry in a bit. I got so confused since my watch said 2:45. So I quickly ran to a few people and asked them what time they had. In reality it was 3:45. I was like wholly cow I could have missed the boat.

Just to be safe, when you get there, ask someone who works there what time they have, actually ask two people, just to be sure.

But if you have only four hours and that included going there and back, that's not enough time at all. I would not even bother to go there for 2 and half hours. Absolutely not.

Edited by cruiseelady

Sandy Toes is having a BOGO sale right now. I follow them somewhere else. Book by the 18th for dates until the end of September. Buy one get one half off. You have to book online and use a promo code. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the code or no? So do some detective work :cool:

My excursion was at 10, they said it will take 45 minute boat ride to get there.

They have ferry leaving at 1, 2 and 4. I stayed till the very end, 4 o'clock.

But here is a bit of advice. I had my watch that I never changed the time of. So when I looked at my watch it was only 2:45, but I have noticed that most of the people were gone, I thought oh its probably because they went to eat lunch. Then I hear someone say its 3:45 and they will be walking to the ferry in a bit. I got so confused since my watch said 2:45. So I quickly ran to a few people and asked them what time they had. In reality it was 3:45. I was like wholly cow I could have missed the boat.

Just to be safe, when you get there, ask someone who works there what time they have, actually ask two people, just to be sure.

But if you have only four hours and that included going there and back, that's not enough time at all. I would not even bother to go there for 2 and half hours. Absolutely not.

Thanks for the tip about the time. We're going in April so not sure if same of different time.

Yeah...our excursion is only 4hrs, with travel. I think 1.5hrs of beach time plus lunch will still be a nice day (and fun ferry ride over)...I hope.

Thanks for the tip about the time. We're going in April so not sure if same of different time.

Yeah...our excursion is only 4hrs, with travel. I think 1.5hrs of beach time plus lunch will still be a nice day (and fun ferry ride over)...I hope.

Not sure what you mean by fun ferry ride? If load music right about your head is fun during the whole ride then yea, you will have a blast.

On the way back there was a conga line, which surprised me because I figured its best not to dance on a moving boat.

Not sure what you mean by fun ferry ride? If load music right about your head is fun during the whole ride then yea, you will have a blast.

On the way back there was a conga line, which surprised me because I figured its best not to dance on a moving boat.

Ok...some sarcasm. Obviously you did not enjoy the ferry ride.

And no, coming with 2 kids so am not looking for a loud or party boat. Just thought a ferry ride would be enjoyable, that's all.

And no, coming with 2 kids so am not looking for a loud or party boat. Just thought a ferry ride would be enjoyable, that's all.

The ferry no, I didn't really enjoy it, by the Blue Lagoon very much. There were quiet a few kids on the ferry, and they didn't seem to mind the loud music.

Based of fun and value, what are your experiences with Sandy Toes, Blue Lagoon and Atlantis resorts? Also what tour companies did you use? Thanks!

I have booked blue lagoon for our Dec cruise and from what I have read on this here I might turn out to be great.

We went to Atlantis in 2013 and we enjoyed it. Did the slides, lazy river, pools, and beach. There's a big pool away from the slides closer to the beach which was less hectic and quite we spent most of our time there. Check out the comfort suites they offer a package that let's you go Atlantis and use all the amenities for less $$.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

How was the blue lagoon?

How was the blue lagoon?

We enjoyed Blue Lagoon quite a bit. It's quite pretty and the water is calm. They let you use floats, tubes and noodles and can rent other stuff. Our son tried the Aqua Park for a small fee, and our daughter even had fun on the hammocks. BBQ lunch was ok and we also walked over to see the dolphin encounter. Was a short excursion but we were glad we went on it. Oh, and we liked the ferry ride. You see the Atlantis along the way as well as some fancy homes.

I have some pictures on my report below (around page 4).

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk