Everything Half Moon Cay

gottaluvcruises12

Patronizing the "I Could Stay Here Forever" Bar: overlooks the beach, the beautiful water, and the ship.

Listening to the music at the Bar at the entrance plaza

Glass Bottom Boat Trip

Walking along the Beach and wading in the ocean

We had a cabana booked but lost it when we switched sailings. I've never heard a bad thing about them. Now we'll probably just rent a clamshell and lounge on the beach. We have a toddler, so many excursions are out for us. I'm crossing my fingers that weather is calm so we get there!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We had a cabana booked but lost it when we switched sailings. I've never heard a bad thing about them. Now we'll probably just rent a clamshell and lounge on the beach. We have a toddler, so many excursions are out for us. I'm crossing my fingers that weather is calm so we get there!

Do you know how much the Clamshell rentals are? It seems to be a very beautiful place. I can't wait. Seeing that it is a Carnival owed island. If you decide not to do an excursion. I was wondering what else is there to do. Can you explore the island by yourself?

I think the clamshell are maybe $30? You let them know when you get there where you want one. We are looking for a beach bum day. I believe there are non motorized water equipment you can rent. If you wanted to explore the island, there are bike and motorized tour excursions. I'd go with one of those if it were me.

I think the clamshell are maybe $30? You let them know when you get there where you want one. We are looking for a beach bum day. I believe there are non motorized water equipment you can rent. If you wanted to explore the island, there are bike and motorized tour excursions. I'd go with one of those if it were me.

Yeah. I really want this trip to be great for my husband because he has never been on a cruise. Most of the islands I have been to have so much going on. This is the first island I have been to that is chill. I just hope he enjoys it. I am looking at excursions too.

Do you know how much the Clamshell rentals are? It seems to be a very beautiful place. I can't wait. Seeing that it is a Carnival owed island. If you decide not to do an excursion. I was wondering what else is there to do. Can you explore the island by yourself?

Explore the island by yourself? Absolutely. I know people who have walked nearly the entire distance around the bay where the ships anchor.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the sting ray excursion. It was $40 a person and we had 20 minutes to swim in the area with the rays and other sea life. We then got into a circle and the guide helped us feed the rays. It didn't last very long but it was a great way to give the kids a taste of swimming with the rays. Since a couple of the kids didn't enjoy it as much as me, I know not to take them to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman. For us, it was worth the money for the excursion. One nice bonus, a ship photographer was taking pictures during the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has a price list. It may have changed because it's from last year, but I wouldn't it changed that much.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2513628&highlight=lockers

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the Youtube idea! Do they rent the clam shells at the beach site or do you do so on the ship? Is it worth renting one, it does appear that you have a bit more privacy as all the loungers look like they are all in long rows inches apart.

Thank you for the Youtube idea! Do they rent the clam shells at the beach site or do you do so on the ship? Is it worth renting one, it does appear that you have a bit more privacy as all the loungers look like they are all in long rows inches apart.

Yeah it does. It is still open in the front but it will give you some shade. Some people say you don't really get a breeze when you are under it. In the Caribbean it is all sun unless it is a cloudy day. If you get hot or aren't use to sun and want shade. I would suggest you get one. You can move the loungers around. From my understanding if you walk down a ways you can spread out a little more not be on top of each other. Some people put the loungers at the edge of the water. A lot people rent the tubs or the mats to float on. We will probably get one when we go.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been there a few times and always rent a clamshell. We will be there again in November and just reserved our clamshell thru the HAL excursions. Once we get to the Ship we will have our voucher waiting in our Cabin which we bring with us to Half Moon and our clamshell is waiting for us with 2 lounge chairs. It is well worth it!!!! The attendants on Half Moon will set up the clam shell wherever we want to. Perfect day at the beach, great BBQ lunch, and incredible water - truly the best spot of the entire Cruise!!!!!

I was also wondering if you could wander around the island on your own. I see there are walking tours and bike tours as excursions (like there are trails). Can you walk them on your own?

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone got a massage on half moon cay? Is it still through carnival?

Yes, last week. It's the same spa employees from the ship. They charge your sail and sign card. It was ok. It wasn't open air to the ocean but you could hear seagulls. It was a little warm despite the air conditioner. And was more like an exfoliating scrub between the sand and stickiness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk