Southamption restaurant

We will be staying at the PremierInn Southampton West Quay Hotel pre-cruise in a few days and asking about their“Meal Deal” ( Buffet breakfast & 2 course dinner $31 USD each). For those who have stayed there, is it worth it or maybe just dothe breakfast? I know it is next to a large shopping centre with agreat selection of restaurants, but havingtraveled from the U.S.A. leaving in late evening arriving morning, we will betired (not much sleep), not sure we want to start looking for a restaurant for dinner. Suggestions please.

Breakfast is worth it...buffet with lots of options. There are pubs within walking distance for dinner and there is a huge shopping mall across the street with several restaurant options.

I will also add that if you are arriving in the morning chances are good that your room will not be available until 2pm. They do a huge pre-cruise stay volume and most of the rooms aren't vacated until late morning which means they can't get them all cleaned until early afternoon. We dropped our luggage with them and went over to the shopping center and had a late breakfast and wandered around to kill some time.

Premier Inn breakfasts are extremely good. Proper fry-up with proper fresh-cooked eggs, proper bacon (you probably won't like the bacon. cos it's tender back bacon rather than the frazzled streaky stuff you're used to), and a broad buffet of cereals, croissants (Mmmmmmm :*), fresh fruits and such.

In fact they ought to send missionaries out to the US to preach about the real meaning of "breakfast" to motel-keepers ;p

Dinner is satisfactory. Not a huge choice, tolerably well-cooked, inexpensive.

But rather bland surroundings & atmosphere. Very much a hotel dining room, unlike many Premier Inns which are attached to busy pub-restaurants. If you're feeling tired & unsociable that might actually be an advantage.

Most of the eateries in the adjoining West Quay Mall are geared to shoppers more than evening trade - lots of fast food, pizza joints, & snacks.

But there's a recently-opened extension to the mall, with more interesting evening fayre - I've not tried the new section.

Alternatively, if you want to escape the hotel you could browse the dozen or so pubs and restaurants no more than a ten-minute walk along the waterfront (Town Quay area). Pubs like the Duke of Wellington, The Dancing Man, the Platform Tavern, restaurants like Ennio's, La Regata, Royal Thai Pier.

JB :)

We had the package for dinner & breakfast. What I recall is that it was a wait to be seated for dinner and we were hungry & tired (though we'd only flown into SOU from ORY). But the food choices were fine and the convenience of not having to leave the Premier Inn to find a restaurant for the 6 in our group were the plusses.

If you can reserve a time for dinner that would be a great, but I'm not sure it'e easy to do from the U.S.!

Alternatively, if you want to escape the hotel you could browse the dozen or so pubs and restaurants no more than a ten-minute walk along the waterfront (Town Quay area). Pubs like the Duke of Wellington, The Dancing Man, the Platform Tavern, restaurants like Ennio's, La Regata, Royal Thai Pier.

JB :)

I want to give a big thumb's up to the Duke of Wellington. In the fall of 2015, a bunch of us from our Roll Call, departing the next day on a westbound TA, had a pre-arranged dinner there. They gave us a private room upstairs and took orders in advance. The food was wonderful and the staff terrific. The downstairs pub area was a classic. Great way to kick off the trip!

I would definitely go for the breakfast at the Premier Inn .

Although there are a lot of eating places in the West Quay Mall none of them are likely to provide an experience to look back on with affection. The Duke of Wellington is certainly worth a thought and not far away. I would also fly a flag for Greg's Bistro which is near to the Station.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be staying at the PremierInn Southampton West Quay Hotel pre-cruise in a few days and asking about their“Meal Deal” ( Buffet breakfast & 2 course dinner $31 USD each). For those who have stayed there, is it worth it or maybe just dothe breakfast? I know it is next to a large shopping centre with agreat selection of restaurants, but havingtraveled from the U.S.A. leaving in late evening arriving morning, we will betired (not much sleep), not sure we want to start looking for a restaurant for dinner. Suggestions please.

Go out

the main entrance turn left and walk 50 yards to multi storey car park.Get in the lift to WestQuay shopping centre.

Just inside the door is Carluccios where you can have a fantastic breakfast.

If you have time the previous night go in for Italian dinner.

It is literally 150 yards from West quay Premier inn and 10 times better.

We have stayed 5 times in that Pemier inn so i know what i am talking about.

Hope you have a great cruise.