Is it HOT in Bermuda week of 5/28?

oceanfun77

I looked at the weather forecast and it seems like it's only in the mid-70s next week, but my co-worker just came back from the cruise last week and said it was mega hot there and that their 70s feel like high 80s. I'm just trying to gauge what kind of clothes to bring. I'm living in the NYC area.

Also, would you recommend wearing sneakers or sandals while in Bermuda? Thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing. I checked the weather last night and it shows mid 70's all week. I am really hoping it warms up a lot in the next couple weeks because mid 70's to me is still too chilly to wear shorts and definitely too cold to go in the water. Maybe that's why the cruise prices are so cheap between now and the end of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked at the weather forecast and it seems like it's only in the mid-70s next week, but my co-worker just came back from the cruise last week and said it was mega hot there and that their 70s feel like high 80s. I'm just trying to gauge what kind of clothes to bring. I'm living in the NYC area.

Also, would you recommend wearing sneakers or sandals while in Bermuda? Thanks!

Not usually. Usually it is very pleasant air temperature and cool water temperature in May. Of course there could be a heat wave anywhere. We had an unusual heat wave here in Maryland last week, 90 and today it is 60.

I would pack shorts, sneakers and sandals. In the evening you might want long pants. But probably not.

I was wondering the same!! Checking weather for NJ and Bermuda, the temperature seems to be almost the same. :confused: I'm also leaving for Bermuda 5/28 (X Summit).

As far as footwear, I would say just wear whatever is comfortable and take into account what activities you'll be doing. Sandals would probably be better for a day at the beach, but if you're walking the railway trail you might want to go with sneakers. Never been to Bermuda... just speculation and past vacay experience.

I've been wondering the same thing. I checked the weather last night and it shows mid 70's all week. I am really hoping it warms up a lot in the next couple weeks because mid 70's to me is still too chilly to wear shorts and definitely too cold to go in the water. Maybe that's why the cruise prices are so cheap between now and the end of June.

I have been to Bermuda often in June and always wore shorts during the day. Sometimes I needed long pants in the evening the first half of June. I can start wearing shorts when the temperature gets up to 75 though. As far as water temperature in June to me it feels cool but I get acclimated in a minute or so. In May I don't get acclimated so I don't go in May anymore. As far as prices in June, there is less demand because children are still in school or just getting out of school. I prefer June because there are less children onboard.

We were in Bermuda that same week 2 years ago. It was warm enough to wear shorts, tank tops and sandals. However, there was this crazy strong wind that was blowing for the full 3 days we were in port. It made for a difficult time to enjoy the beach while we were being pelted with sand and Portuguese Man O War blowing in.

I have been to Bermuda often in June and always wore shorts during the day. Sometimes I needed long pants in the evening the first half of June. I can start wearing shorts when the temperature gets up to 75 though. As far as water temperature in June to me it feels cool but I get acclimated in a minute or so. In May I don't get acclimated so I don't go in May anymore. As far as prices in June, there is less demand because children are still in school or just getting out of school. I prefer June because there are less children onboard.

Good to know. I guess ill survive, haha! I think the low prices might also be because of the America's Cup. I know the crowds deter a lot of people from a peaceful island getaway. To me, it is a plus for this particular trip and I'm looking forward to it, I just hope it's warm enough to live in a swimsuit on the beach.

Just back from Bermuda - 70's with high humidity so we wore shorts, tees and sundresses. For evening I wore a light cardigan over my dress if it was windy. Water was cool - we did wade as we walked Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Beach but were not brave enough to swim. Sailing from NYC we did have cool weather on embarkation day and when in Boston.