Mexican Riviera cruise!

linbobky

Short answer: no. Because Cozumel is an island and Progreso is a small town on a spit of land with not nearly as much to do as, say, Puerto Vallarta. Mexico is a big country so it's like asking if San Diego and Key Largo are the same. Now, if you are only talking about manufactured port areas, and you do not plan on venturing beyond these cruise company areas, then they would be very similar all over.

We do the Mexican Riviera cruise a lot. The three ports are different from each other and offer many options. Cabo is the most Americanized, Mazatlán is quite modern and Puerto Vallarta is more old world. If you are a first timer I would recommend a tour in each port.

We are thinking of a Mexican Riviera cruise! Are the Mexican ports the same as cosumel and progresso? If they are I will keep going to cosumel. Love that port!

We've sailed to both Cozumel and Progresso and Mexican Riviera. I much prefer Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. The ports themselves are beautiful. Admittedly, I hate the six hour flight across country to board a ship for those ports.