Copenhagen hotel that is quiet and has king bed?

poss

I know that many European hotels don't offer king beds, but I'm hoping to find some that do. Also looking for quiet as possible and within easy walk to most sites. Hope not to spend more than about $300 (?)

Thanks.

If you have the specific dates I can help you a little bit more, because hotel prices can change almost from day to day here in Copenhagen.

Plus, most hotels won't have their rates out sooner than 365 days from your check out date.

Standard recommendation is if you want a true, American style king size bed, you usually have to look at American oriented chains, (think Hilton, Marriott, etc) or higher end hotels, and possibly their higher end rooms. That is a generalization, but it matches our experience traveling all over the world.

Its probably better to do a dummy search sometimes in the autumn.

When looking at late July this year I get some nice hotels for just under 300 USD but they are located around the city hall square so not quiet per se.

Scandic Front and First Hotel Twentyseven. probably fits that category but I don´t know if they have the bed size you request.

We just stayed at the Adina Apartment Hotel which has King beds including a kitchenette. It was very convenient to Oceankaj as well as Central Copenhagen. The 26 Bus loops to return there with a stop 200 feet away, convenient to Osterport Station, and is about a twenty minute ride to Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv. The 27 bus stops on the opposite side of the street to the cruise terminals.

Other advantages are a Netto store in the building and two nearby restaurants. Also walking distance to the Little Mermaid.

I very much appreciate the replies and am duly making notes. We've just come back from a wonderful 17-day cruise (Regent: Med), and I'm missing cruising already, so I thought just to scratch the itch I'd look ahead to next year. Not necessarily thinking of trying to book just yet, just gathering ideas so that I can do some research on suggestions.

I'd forgotten, btw, to mention that we're elderly, so hauling around on bus and train isn't our thing anymore.

Thanks again.

I very much appreciate the replies and am duly making notes. We've just come back from a wonderful 17-day cruise (Regent: Med), and I'm missing cruising already, so I thought just to scratch the itch I'd look ahead to next year. Not necessarily thinking of trying to book just yet, just gathering ideas so that I can do some research on suggestions.

I'd forgotten, btw, to mention that we're elderly, so hauling around on bus and train isn't our thing anymore.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in Malmö Sweden at the Renaissance Malmö Hotel. Amazing area visit and lots of great restaurants in the square. It a 20 minute cab ride from the airport and cruise terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think quiet and easy walk to interesting stuff are probably mutually exclusive in Copenhagen and most large European cities...You could stay somewhere quiet that is an easy train/subway/bike ride to the interesting stuff, or if you are looking for a King bed in the center of the stuff, Scandic Palace has them--but they even admit on their site it's not quiet. You can get rooms in your budget there, trend them as hotel rooms in Scandanavia change their rates often and by how many have been sold/how close the date it.

We are looking for a nice hotel in the city center, where we could enjoy walking a bit & seeing the sites. We'll be coming in to Copenhagen by train the day before our cruise. We're not sure how long we'll stay afterwards - probably renting a car & either doing day trips or driving to Sweden, Finland, or Germany. Do you know if this area has a hotel with a shuttle that would pick us up from the train & the next day take us to the cruise ship?

Or, one that 2 older people with luggage could fairly easily walk to from the train station, but would have a shuttle to the port?

• 1 month later...

I have four hotels booked and I don't know which one to pick for June 2018. I don't want a teeny tiny room. We will have a lot of luggage after a 19 cruise and land tour. Don't know which one to pick. Any suggestions. We have Hotel Tiffany. Best Western Hebron. Best Western City Center. And Cong Arthur. Which is in the best area and which has a little bit bigger rooms. We don't mind two single beds either.

• 10 months later...

We have booked Kong Arthur for August 2018 and have done lots of comparisons. We are still confident in our choice.

I have four hotels booked and I don't know which one to pick for June 2018. I don't want a teeny tiny room. We will have a lot of luggage after a 19 cruise and land tour. Don't know which one to pick. Any suggestions. We have Hotel Tiffany. Best Western Hebron. Best Western City Center. And Cong Arthur. Which is in the best area and which has a little bit bigger rooms. We don't mind two single beds either.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk