New port in Rangon

katz

Hello traveller,

This is in response to your inquiry of new port in Yangon, Myanmar (Rangoon, Burma). We have two ports right now in Yangon. One is "Bo Aung Kyaw" port which is in downtown Yangon and another port is Thilawa Port which is an hour and 30 minutes drive to downtown because of bad traffic jam. But, I have not heard about new port so far. May be I do not know about it. I will check it out and reply to you again. I am local who live in Yangon and I am happy to answer questions without any expectation. Because we want tourists to visit our country which is completely different world for you.

Happy travel and welcome to Myanmar (Burma), a land of thousands golden pagodas.

Hello,

I hope you have read my reply to your post about Yangon port. I replied you yesterday. I think the third port you mean is TaKayTa Port ? I think it is usually used by Myanmar Five Stars line. I may be right or wrong. What I am sure is Thilawa port and "Bo Aung Kyaw" port where the cruise ships dock.

Regards.

Babu

We arrived at Thilawa last month. Lots of constructions. Roads in terrible shape and it definitely takes up to 90 minutes to get into Yangon; longer to get to Bago. Traffic and roads aside, wouldn't have missed the experience for anything. Myanmar is an amazing place. Resilient and trying to climb out of the economic pit. Everyone seems to be optimistic. With a spirit like that, in time things will improve.