Excursions

Want to get info if we can get around on our own if easy or should we get tours. Princess cruise July 24 to aug 5, 2017 visiting guernsey, cork, dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, invergordon, Edinburgh, Normandy and London.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I'd do a tour in Invergordon. There's a bus to Inverness from near the port but the scenery nearby is lovely so I'd rather go to Loch Ness and Urquhart castle or Dunrobin castle.

Edinburgh is do-able on your own, once you get into the city 10 miles away. There's a local shuttle bus for £10 round trip, taxis or a train if you're fit for a walk up a steep hill, or Princess tours of course. However Edinburgh is compact and very walkable, though by the time you get there it will be pretty busy because there's a massive Festival throughout August

There's a website that gives info and links to all the transport options in Dublin, depending on your ship you may dock within walking distance of the tram system called the luas. Dublin City centre is pretty compact and the luas stops at a lot of the main tourist spots on the north side, it will get you to O'Connell street where you should find the various city tour buses.

http://cruisedublin.com/getting-around-cruise-dublin/