Least Crowded Beach?

SunFunCruiser

Is this a beach too or just a restaurant? Can you go swimming and then into the restaurant for lunch. Looks sort of fancy to wear swimwear here. Looking forward to your response and your extensive Bermuda knowledge. We are visiting Bermuda for the first time this September.

Thanks!

Is this a beach too or just a restaurant? Can you go swimming and then into the restaurant for lunch. Looks sort of fancy to wear swimwear here. Looking forward to your response and your extensive Bermuda knowledge. We are visiting Bermuda for the first time this September.

Thanks!

Yes a little beach, Swimming & snorkeling @ the bar & the big St. Catherine's beach outside the fort.

Cover up's are needed In Bermuda.

Thanks!

It is not fancy. I have had beers at the bar. There is a very tiny beach down some steps run by the St. George's Club. Called Achilles Bay. The club has some chairs on it. I don't know if they can be rented. I only looked at it but there were none using the beach both times when I stopped by after visiting Fort St. Catherine and St. Catherine's beach which are next door.

What's the best way to get from the dockyard to the public section of elbow beach?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Depends on your definition of best. Quickest? Most Comfortable? Cheapest?

Cheapest would be public bus #7, $4.50 for a token each way, or $5 cash exact change, no bills. Or, if you have bought a transportation pass you can use that. That will also take you the longest, about 50 minutes plus any waiting time for the bus.

Most comfortable and quickest would be a taxi. Mon. to Sat. it will cost about $45 in each direction plus tip for 1 -4 passengers. On Sundays, and for 5-7 passengers it will cost substantially more.

Between the two you could take a ferry to Hamilton and then a #7 bus to Elbow Beach or a ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi to Elbow beach.