Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Thanks to DV and others who are sharing their Copenhagen adventures and travel experiences on this forum. My wife and I will be arriving CPH at 9 am, July 27, to embark on Princess Regal's Baltic cruise. I was wondering what tour options that would be available for up to 6 hours leading to the Port. There are others on the Roll Call that would be interested in this possible venue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ted

The meatpacking district is very trendy but else I think you have to get out of the city in order to explore something else.

The fishing village of Dragør is worth a visit and so is the coastal towns in Northern Zealand.

Thanks, we are spending the day on our cruise in Skagen. I suspect when we get to Copenhagen we'll be ready for some city time. Love cities, and we'll be just coming off a Norwegian fjord trip.

I have been reading many comments on this thread about a transfer from Copenhagen airport to the ship. Danish Viking, Am I to understand correctly that my husband and I should not have trouble finding a taxi to get to oceankaj terminal 3 on June 29? We arrive at 3:40 pm and presume we won't have any time to see highlights of Copenhagen before our 9:00 ship Marina departure. Do you agree? Is there anyway we could see some of the city after taking luggage to the ship?

Thanks for your help!!

Does anyone know if there is a way my husband and I could see some of Stockholm after Oceania Marina ship arrival on July 9 at 7:00 am and flight departure at 4:35 pm? Of course, we need to consider storing our luggage while sightseeing. We would consider a shared or private tour and shuttle if pier pickup and airport were combined. Thanks for any input.

Thanks to DV and others who are sharing their Copenhagen adventures and travel experiences on this forum. My wife and I will be arriving CPH at 9 am, July 27, to embark on Princess Regal's Baltic cruise. I was wondering what tour options that would be available for up to 6 hours leading to the Port. There are others on the Roll Call that would be interested in this possible venue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ted

Go to guides.dk and see if they can help you.

I have been reading many comments on this thread about a transfer from Copenhagen airport to the ship. Danish Viking, Am I to understand correctly that my husband and I should not have trouble finding a taxi to get to oceankaj terminal 3 on June 29? We arrive at 3:40 pm and presume we won't have any time to see highlights of Copenhagen before our 9:00 ship Marina departure. Do you agree? Is there anyway we could see some of the city after taking luggage to the ship?

Thanks for your help!!

I'm thinking that you have to do it on the way to the ship.

It can get a little time consuming to get to the downtown area and back from Oceankaj.

And yes its only in the morning from Monday to Friday that the Taxi's can be a problem.

Does anyone know if there is a way my husband and I could see some of Stockholm after Oceania Marina ship arrival on July 9 at 7:00 am and flight departure at 4:35 pm? Of course, we need to consider storing our luggage while sightseeing. We would consider a shared or private tour and shuttle if pier pickup and airport were combined. Thanks for any input.

I think you are in the wrong thread. :D

Its that time of the year again when I go to Roskilde Festival do I probably won't be a leg to reply for the next week or so.

Now your sharp mind thinks, hey isn't it first tomorrow that the festival starts, and yes you are correct.

But I'm going to a friends house one hour or so away from here to celebrate Sankt Hans tonight.

Technically its Midsummer celebration even thought Midsummer was Wednesday, why its celebrated today there is probably a good explanation for but I don't know it.

So those of you that are in Copenhagen tonight I suggest that you go to Tivoli or one of the many other places in Copenhagen that has Bonfires tonight.

It's very cosy.

I just read this hilarious article about the new "Pisner" beer that makes use of, um, contributions from festival-goers and thought of you. Hope you have fun at the festival.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/press/copenhagen/piss-pilsner-pisner-beer

Hi DV, wow, what a great job you do. I just read all 16 pages! I have a few questions. We are arriving from Prague 2 days before a cruise on Sept 9th. We are staying at an airbnb near Islands Brygge Bibliotek. How many zones is that from the airport? We are mostly planning on walking most places, so should we just buy a one time ticket from the airport to the airbnb? Or do you think it is useful to buy a 24-72 hour pass? We will be taking public transit to the Regal Princess ( I think Oceankai) on September 9th. What would be the best route? We will only have carry on, so no problem with luggage. Thanks for all your help. Also, we are thinking of checking in on the cruise early in the day and going out again to see more of Copenhagen (ship doesn't leave until 10pm) Is there anything of interest nearby or would it be better to just take a bus back into town? Thanks.

From the airport its 3 zones or 36 kroner.

I can't remember the price for the 72 city pass but a 24 hour city pass costs 80 kroner, a single ticket costs 24 kroner so if you take the bus into town and back again and perhaps also next morning then you got good use of the card.

The next day the card you use the card from yesterday in the morning.

If you can time it then buy the card so late than you can use it in the evening, perhaps after a evening visit to Tivoli.

I don't know what time you land but lets say its around 12.

Then your card is valid from around 12:30 the first day and until 12:30 the next day.

The second card you activate from around 21:00 or 22:00 the next day depending on what time you have to be back at the ship.

Because then you can go to the ship, drop off your luggage and head into town and back

You only use ticket for 74 kroners so a city pass is 6 kroners more expensive.

But its more handy because if you want to save some time by not walking you can just hop on a bus or metro or train.

There is absolutely nothing of interest out in Nordhavn so if you come in early and drop off your luggage and have time for a sightseeing i will suggest that you do that.

From the airport its 3 zones or 36 kroner.

I can't remember the price for the 72 city pass but a 24 hour city pass costs 80 kroner, a single ticket costs 24 kroner so if you take the bus into town and back again and perhaps also next morning then you got good use of the card.

The next day the card you use the card from yesterday in the morning.

If you can time it then buy the card so late than you can use it in the evening, perhaps after a evening visit to Tivoli.

I don't know what time you land but lets say its around 12.

Then your card is valid from around 12:30 the first day and until 12:30 the next day.

The second card you activate from around 21:00 or 22:00 the next day depending on what time you have to be back at the ship.

Because then you can go to the ship, drop off your luggage and head into town and back

You only use ticket for 74 kroners so a city pass is 6 kroners more expensive.

But its more handy because if you want to save some time by not walking you can just hop on a bus or metro or train.

There is absolutely nothing of interest out in Nordhavn so if you come in early and drop off your luggage and have time for a sightseeing i will suggest that you do that.

PERFECT!!! Thank you so much.:)

Danish Viking,

You have been so helpful to so many. Thank you very much. Is tusind tak the correct phrase for thank you?

Anyway, I could read through everything, but I'm on informtion overload. We are flying from Brussels to CPH on September 18 and lodging at the Stay Seaport for the night of the 18th before boarding NCL Getaway. I've looked at Copenhagen Card and bus routes and I think for our purposes a taxi is probably better, especially dealing with luggage. It comes to about $60 USD according to the fare finder you so kindly gave us a link to.

The STAY seaport is fairly close to port, but I'm concerned about nearby restaurants, as we will arrive around 6 pm. Dinner time, but I don't want to deal with luggage while we eat. Are there decent restaurants close to STAY seaport (Murmanskgade 15, Copenhagen 2150) I checked yelp and it appears there may be several within a mile or so. Any particular recommendations?

Thank you

That requires some digging so if its okay with you I will reply back when I get home from Roskilde Festival.

Btw are you aware that bus 27 stops very close to your hotel and that Nordhavn station is also close by.

No rush. Thank you. I will look again at the bus.

Its around 600meters to the bus stop.

Just walk along Helsinkigade and Sundkrogsgade and then you will find the bus stop at your left hand when you get out to Kalkbrænderihavnsgade.

If you search on journeyplanner.dk then the bus stop is called Kalkbrænderihavnsgade (Sundkrogsgade)

Hi DV, I hope you are enjoying the music festival. When you get a chance, can you tell me if the best way from the Islands brygge library area to Oceankaj cruise terminal is to take M1 to Norreport, then bus 25? We will be traveling on a Saturday morning at about 10am. Thanks!