Blue Flag Taxi Tours

BobKat406

Can anyone give a little more info on these? During a 3-4 hour period what would a tour consist of? Is there specific sites that most of the guides take you to? Do you exit the taxi and get to wander around the site or do you remain in the taxi for the better part of the tour?

How many people can go in one vehicle? I understand there are cars and there are vans!

Any comments, help is appreciated!

Sorry, I can't help, but I would like to know the answer, too.

We are hoping to take a taxi tour, as well, because we would like to have a personalized view of the island. That is what I am assuming the drivers will do - for a set price per hour, take you where you would like to go!

We want to see the usual things as well as some out-of-the-way spots that a local driver would know. We know taking a taxi is much more expensive than using the bus system, but we don't mind splurging for a good experience.

Our plan is to take the tour the morning of our arrival, finishing at someplace for a great lunch and a few hours at a beach, then take public transportation back to the ship.

Would love to hear of others' experiences!

Sue

Can anyone give a little more info on these? During a 3-4 hour period what would a tour consist of? Is there specific sites that most of the guides take you to? Do you exit the taxi and get to wander around the site or do you remain in the taxi for the better part of the tour?

How many people can go in one vehicle? I understand there are cars and there are vans!

From what I've read (not personal experience) it works like this:

1) taxis with blue flags are for "tours"

2) price is regulated at $40 per hour

3) some are mini-vans, probably seating up to six

4) driver will go/do whatever/where ever you ask

• 2 weeks later...

Any comments, help is appreciated!

We did a 4 hour taxi tour on our Explorer cruise. We just walked off the ship, found a driver with a blue flag in his windshield and asked aobut a tour. His was a mini van taxi. The driver (John Warwick), showed us the route on a map. He took us to the popular spots and a few off the beaten path stops. Also, we asked him to stop a time or two and he did gladly.

We visited the smallest church, Gibbs Hill and Lighthouse, the Aquarium (we didn't go in, but the outside area is beautiful) and our favorite spot along the route, the Palm Grove Gardens. At some spots, (smallest church, Gibbs) we were there with many others on taxi's tours. Some spots we were the only ones there (Palm Grove). We also drove through Hamilton, stopping at the beautiful cathedral at our request. We visited Tucker's Point hotel with the wonderful views there and were able to check out all the beautiful public spaces here. We drove all over the island, with the exception of the St. George's area. Our driver dropped us off at Horseshoe Bay Beach as we requested, though he would have taken us back to the ship otherwise.

With all our stops, we got out and wandered around for a bit.

The price quoted was $50 per hour for up to 4 people.

I saw this list of Blue Flag Taxi/Tours on tripadvisor and thought that it may be helpful as it lists the 'licensed' ones with phone and email addresses for you to contact. Hope this helps.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147257-i773-k3136260-Blue_Flag_Taxi_Tour_Guide_Listing-Hamilton_Pembroke_Bermuda.html

I saw this list of Blue Flag Taxi/Tours on tripadvisor and thought that it may be helpful as it lists the 'licensed' ones with phone and email addresses for you to contact. Hope this helps.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147257-i773-k3136260-Blue_Flag_Taxi_Tour_Guide_Listing-Hamilton_Pembroke_Bermuda.html

Thank you so much for this list.

We did a 4 hour taxi tour on our Explorer cruise. We just walked off the ship, found a driver with a blue flag in his windshield and asked aobut a tour. His was a mini van taxi. The driver (John Warwick), showed us the route on a map. He took us to the popular spots and a few off the beaten path stops. Also, we asked him to stop a time or two and he did gladly.

We visited the smallest church, Gibbs Hill and Lighthouse, the Aquarium (we didn't go in, but the outside area is beautiful) and our favorite spot along the route, the Palm Grove Gardens. At some spots, (smallest church, Gibbs) we were there with many others on taxi's tours. Some spots we were the only ones there (Palm Grove). We also drove through Hamilton, stopping at the beautiful cathedral at our request. We visited Tucker's Point hotel with the wonderful views there and were able to check out all the beautiful public spaces here. We drove all over the island, with the exception of the St. George's area. Our driver dropped us off at Horseshoe Bay Beach as we requested, though he would have taken us back to the ship otherwise.

With all our stops, we got out and wandered around for a bit.

The price quoted was $50 per hour for up to 4 people.

Just read another post that had this same driver. Do you have any contact info on him?

• 7 years later...

Avoid Theron G Smith like the plague. He's s blue flag taxi from a company oddly called expect the best. He took days to respond to emails but finally got everything arranged only to have him cancel at 5pm the day before a noon tour leaving us trying to find a blue flag taxi last minute. Totally unprofessional.

Avoid Theron G Smith like the plague. He's s blue flag taxi from a company oddly called expect the best. He took days to respond to emails but finally got everything arranged only to have him cancel at 5pm the day before a noon tour leaving us trying to find a blue flag taxi last minute. Totally unprofessional.

Fellow cruiser/tourist here. It sounds like you're really upset. I'm sorry you were in a tough spot.

Sometimes people deserve the benefit of the doubt. We don't know what Mr. Smith has going on in his life. Maybe you can let it go?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Fellow cruiser/tourist here. It sounds like you're really upset. I'm sorry you were in a tough spot.

Sometimes people deserve the benefit of the doubt. We don't know what Mr. Smith has going on in his life. Maybe you can let it go?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I booked in March, he took the booking and 2 days before our July cruise he said he overbooked and cancelled. No benefit of the doubt reserved.

Edited by bjkramer0926
left out word