5 years since my last RCI cruise and wow how the standard has dropped!!!!!

Things I heard before having actually visiting England:

Americans are fat & lazy, unlike Brits. (I will actually say that I've seen just as many fat in my visits to England as I have here)

Americans are sloppy dressers, unlike Brits. (I actually think that generally speaking it was a LOT sloppier in at least London than anywhere I've been here. TRACK SUITS EVERYWHERE! UNDERSHIRTS EVERYWHERE!)

Americans are rude, unlike Brits. (This is just flat wrong. Generally speaking, we couldn't really ever find anyone in London that could be bothered to help anyone. Generally speaking, I can walk up to people here and say "Can you tell me where ____ is?" and get an answer. Londoners acted like I was threatening their children.)

Pluses and minuses to all cultures.

England might be small but London no way represents the whole on England in fact London is probably far less "English" than the rest of England . England IS NOT LONDON

It would be like me saying " ive been to New York so Know America"

I am English , but hate London , London does not represent England .

Please if you are visiting England , research and choose somewhere else , perhaps The Midlands , it is a wonderful , friendly, exciting , green and pleasant land so much history and culture with great wine and cheese :D, A few historical kings and queens and Leicester has a space centre lol not on the scale of cape Canaveral but we launched a probe to Mars ha ha ha :')

England might be small but London no way represents the whole on England in fact London is probably far less "English" than the rest of England . England IS NOT LONDON

Please if you are visiting England , research and choose somewhere else , perhaps The Midlands , it is a wonderful , friendly, exciting , green and pleasant land so much history and culture with great wine and cheese :D, A few historical kings and queens and Leicester has a space centre lol not on the scale of cape Canaveral but we launched a probe to Mars ha ha ha :')

2beac1972be1064458fb23c60dd2d719.jpg

I love rocket launches, but landings are really cool.

5104239dc85f06af72151da8056cc4f5.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What about Stonehenge? Or how about the Chunnel? Is the Chunnel in England, France, or both?

This is one of those dead horse topics that come up so often it's like groundhog day. It's like people forget we just talked about this a day or week ago and then they have the exact same argument/discussion again. Cruise prices have actually gone down since the 80's, which when you consider inflation in the last 30 years means people are paying far less to cruise today than they used to. Quantity is way up, quality is way down, that's just how it is across the major cruise lines. If people don't like it they can vote with their wallet and do something else for vacation. At the end of the day that is all Royal or any of the other lines are going to respond to. When profits start falling they will make changes.

I never cruised 30 years ago and understand cruising cost a lot more back then but just in the past year or so it seems like the cost has risen quite a bit

What about Stonehenge? Or how about the Chunnel? Is the Chunnel in England, France, or both?

Never been to Stonehenge or been in the Chunnel , so cant comment

Loughborough has a great vintage steam railway :) oh and some dinosaur bones if you want old

I only found big Americans at WDW Orlando not in New York.

In London most of the people you see are foreigners to us too.

Come to the North East of England and you will always find people very friendly.

The only noticeable dress preferences is on Formal night when even on 3 or 4 night P&O short cruises most men wear tuxedos or suits.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I guess I will never go on a 3 or 4 night P&O cruise as I like to be comfortable when I eat, and wearing a tux certainly isn't comfortable

I never cruised 30 years ago and understand cruising cost a lot more back then but just in the past year or so it seems like the cost has risen quite a bit

That is because during the economic downturn beginning in 2008 the cruise lines didn't dare raise prices. Now that everyone has jobs, the stockholders are demanding more profits.

I guess I will never go on a 3 or 4 night P&O cruise as I like to be comfortable when I eat, and wearing a tux certainly isn't comfortable

These tend to be taster,hen party and stag cruises which can be lively, booze cruises but even so Formal nights are well respected.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app