Best 2 1/2 day bermuda itinerary

Boatingmom

Hello, Did you say that NCL provides a free ferry to St. Georges? If so do you have any more information on that? Thanks! :)

Yes, NCL offers a weekday free ferry service to St George's for the passengers of the Dawn and BA. The ferry closely follows the public ferry schedule for most days. The ferry docks on the land side of Heritage Wharf, and can be see when the Bermuda cam is facing HW.

SBtS

Thank you so much! Do you know where the Ferry drops off in St. George? Is it within walking distance to Tobacco Bay, Unfinished Cathedral, etc?

Yes, NCL offers a weekday free ferry service to St George's for the passengers of the Dawn and BA. The ferry closely follows the public ferry schedule for most days. The ferry docks on the land side of Heritage Wharf, and can be see when the Bermuda cam is facing HW.

SBtS

Thank you so much! Do you know where the Ferry drops off in St. George? Is it within walking distance to Tobacco Bay, Unfinished Cathedral, etc?

Either Penno's Wharf on Penno or the new ferry dock a little farther down on Penno when they complete it. Close to the town square. Everything is very walkable in the town center of St. George. Tobacco Bay is in walking distance, I always walk but some who are less mobile or if it is very hot prefer to take a taxi or shuttle to Tobacco Bay and Fort St. Catherine. There is a hill. It is about a 15 minute walk to Tobacco from the ferry.

Thank You!

Either Penno's Wharf on Penno or the new ferry dock a little farther down on Penno when they complete it. Close to the town square. Everything is very walkable in the town center of St. George. Tobacco Bay is in walking distance, I always walk but some who are less mobile or if it is very hot prefer to take a taxi or shuttle to Tobacco Bay and Fort St. Catherine. There is a hill. It is about a 15 minute walk to Tobacco from the ferry.

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I and another couple booked a Boston Whaler from Somersett Watersports last year and it was totally awesome! They gave us bread to take out to a shipwreck that was surrounded by fish, we explored some little islands and beautiful spots to snorkel with our own equipment. They gave us a map, trained us how to safely operate the little boat, we brought a few snacks and drinks but drove right up to a lunch place that served Jamaican barbecue that tasted delicious. We were able to explore the harbor and see the tiniest drawbridge. I do not remember how much it was but I do not remember it being unreasonable, and a teenager would really love it. I really recommend buying inexpensive snorkelling equipment at home and packing it with you.

THE CONVENIENCE OF SNORKEL PARK

I'll be on the Carnival Pride next month, my third visit to Bermuda. The ferry to St. George, of course. But on the day of arrival as well as on the day of departure, Snorkel Park is worth a visit. Yes, it's artificial, but the water is the same. Also, if you go there around 4 p.m., they are likely no longer selling tickets. At night it turns into a music venue.