Where to catch National Express bus from teerminal 3, Heathrow to Southampton

We're arriving on Delta airlines from NY at terminal 3, Heathrow at 10:40 am. We have booked the National Express bus to Southampton that leaves at 13:15.

I think we'll have plenty of time, but I would like to know ahead of time, where do we catch the bus?

Also, is there someplace to get something to eat after we go through immigration before we get the bus?

Thanks for any information.

There is a coffee shop in arrivals area once you have gone thru immigration and customs, also a marks and Spencer food shop if you just want to grab drinks and snacks/sandwiches.

Done National Express to/from Heathrow/Southampton a couple of times. Might use them next year from Southampton to Terminal 3, LHR. Just checked prices 16 quid each. Compared to 49 quid each on Cruise Connect. Yes I know you have to get a taxi to or from ship to bus station at Southampton, but only a tenner or so. Way to go.

;)

When we took National Express to Southampton from Heathrow there were no taxis at the Southampton bus terminal. And, as our phones weren't working we couldn't call one. One of our fellow passengers on the bus was nice enough to drop us off at the cruise terminal. Others on the bus said they had to call ahead to arrange for a taxi to meet them at the bus terminal.

We used Smith's for Airports to take us back to Heathrow and will do that both ways next time. Much more comfortable ride and it is a direct drive without the extra stops by National Express.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we took National Express to Southampton from Heathrow there were no taxis at the Southampton bus terminal. And, as our phones weren't working we couldn't call one. One of our fellow passengers on the bus was nice enough to drop us off at the cruise terminal. Others on the bus said they had to call ahead to arrange for a taxi to meet them at the bus terminal.

We used Smith's for Airports to take us back to Heathrow and will do that both ways next time. Much more comfortable ride and it is a direct drive without the extra stops by National Express.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the advice - Smiths for Airports, will check them out.:cool: We only want the transfer from the ship to LHR as we will pick up a car from LHA few weeks before our two cruises on Adonia.

Thanks for the advice - Smiths for Airports, will check them out.:cool: We only want the transfer from the ship to LHR as we will pick up a car from LHR few weeks before our two cruises on Adonia.

Just got a quote from Smiths, 75 quid plus 3 quid parking fee, SOTON to LHR on a Saturday. Would a tenner tip be appropriate also if he/she is a nice driver?:halo:

Just got a quote from Smiths, 75 quid plus 3 quid parking fee, SOTON to LHR on a Saturday. Would a tenner tip be appropriate also if he/she is a nice driver?:halo:

We normally give a fiver.

The driver would hope for a tenner if you had an American accent, but with your Aussie accent he'd be more than happy with a fiver ;)

JB :)

We normally give a fiver.

The driver would hope for a tenner if you had an American accent, but with your Aussie accent he'd be more than happy with a fiver ;)

JB :)

Thank you....Strewth and he/she would be shocked. A tip from an Aussie. Fair dinkum.:eek:

I tipped a shuttle bus driver one time in Vancouver, hotel to airport. He leapt out of his seat raced over, got me a trolley after that. Nice chap. He was in shock too.