Hamburg - Altona Port to Miniature Wunderland

Hi,

We are in port from 8am to 8pm (at Altona Port). I'm not sure where Altona Port is, in relation to Miniature Wunderland. Our current plan is to go from Altona Cruise Center, and head direct to Miniature Wunderland. Then we will meander our way around Hamburg for the rest of the day and then return to the ship. What is the best way to accomplish this? Is there a way to do this using public transportation?

Thanks!

Did a little more homework. Looks like I can take a water bus (#62) to Landungsbrucken Wharf and then take subway line to U3 to Baumhall subway station to get to Miniature Wunderland. However, I'm in Hamburg on a Saturday. How does the weekend affect the water bus schedule?

The water bus are popular, but at cruise port Altona (Dockland ) you should have no problem to get in ( if not the complete ship want to use it ). i only had once problems at the Landungsbrücken. you can look at the shedule at the homepage at your date:

http://www.hvv.de/en/index.php

search for Dockland to landungsbruecken

From the Landungsbrücken you can use the metro station to Baumwall or walk, it is not far away. It is a tourist attraction but they newbuild this area these days, so the walk is not so nice, but short.

I would give you the advice to do a ticket reservation for the wunderland ( you can find it at the homepage). Sometimes they have a long waiting time. With a ticket reservation you can do a reservation for a time slot at your day and you can go in without waiting.

The Elbphilarmonie is a short walk from the wunderland. From the Plaza you have a great view over the harbour.