Shuttle to Horseshoe Bay

lovestocruise325

I was wondering if anyone knows it the mini shuttle, which I believe charges $7, drops off at the bottom of the hill closer to the beach or up on the main rode? I also wanted to know where they pick up for the return to the ship. Thank you in advance for any insights.

The shuttle drops you off and picks you up at the bottom of the hill.

Sailing Escape next summer to Bermuda and plan on staying on board the first day until around 4pm (maybe 3pm) and then perhaps heading to HSB on the shuttle (which we've used several times before) to hang out a little while and maybe watch the sunset.

My question is how late do the shuttles run going back to the dockyard?

If we stay until 7 or 8pm, will we have any trouble getting one?

We always like to spend one day on the ship when everyone scatters to enjoy the amenities a little without the crowds.

We're going to do an actual beach day at HSB our second day their and then a jet ski excursion the last day.

Thanks in advance.

Sailing Escape next summer to Bermuda and plan on staying on board the first day until around 4pm (maybe 3pm) and then perhaps heading to HSB on the shuttle (which we've used several times before) to hang out a little while and maybe watch the sunset.

My question is how late do the shuttles run going back to the dockyard?

If we stay until 7 or 8pm, will we have any trouble getting one?

We always like to spend one day on the ship when everyone scatters to enjoy the amenities a little without the crowds.

We're going to do an actual beach day at HSB our second day their and then a jet ski excursion the last day.

Thanks in advance.

You may have trouble getting a shuttle in both directions. At 3 or 4 the shuttles are likely to be sitting at Horseshoe Bay waiting for return trip customers. There isn't much demand to start a trip to Horseshoe Bay at that hour. There also may be no shuttles returning after about 6 or so. This is based on my own observations of the shuttle service.

As I'm sure you know the shuttles don't operate on a fixed schedule. It's up to the individual owners/drivers to set their own schedules and decide when it's worth their while to wait for passengers.

Perhaps someone who's been there already this year can provide some recent personal experience. I won't be in Bermuda until mid September, but I'll try to remember to check the operation out, as we're likely to use the shuttles again.

Thanks. Appreciate the response and that is what I thought.

We'll figure something out if the shuttles are an issue later in the day and early evening.

We definitely want to stick to our plan and go after a leisurely and uncrowded day on board the Escape.

Getting there will be easy, I believe, because those shuttles will be going back and forth bringing passengers back to the dock and returning to get more. Maybe we'll be able to make a deal with one of the drivers for a pre designated time to pickup later.

It'll be fine. It's vacation and we'll have another day and a half to get back to the ship before sailaway. LOL

Thanks again.

You may have trouble getting a shuttle in both directions. At 3 or 4 the shuttles are likely to be sitting at Horseshoe Bay waiting for return trip customers. There isn't much demand to start a trip to Horseshoe Bay at that hour. There also may be no shuttles returning after about 6 or so. This is based on my own observations of the shuttle service.

As I'm sure you know the shuttles don't operate on a fixed schedule. It's up to the individual owners/drivers to set their own schedules and decide when it's worth their while to wait for passengers.

Perhaps someone who's been there already this year can provide some recent personal experience. I won't be in Bermuda until mid September, but I'll try to remember to check the operation out, as we're likely to use the shuttles again.

Thanks. Appreciate the response and that is what I thought.

We'll figure something out if the shuttles are an issue later in the day and early evening.

We definitely want to stick to our plan and go after a leisurely and uncrowded day on board the Escape.

Getting there will be easy, I believe, because those shuttles will be going back and forth bringing passengers back to the dock and returning to get more. Maybe we'll be able to make a deal with one of the drivers for a pre designated time to pickup later.

It'll be fine. It's vacation and we'll have another day and a half to get back to the ship before sailaway. LOL

Thanks again.

Why not use a taxi and arrange with the driver to pick you up in 2/3/4 hours.

SBtS

Why not use a taxi and arrange with the driver to pick you up in 2/3/4 hours.

SBtS

You can just use the Hitch app- pretty much like Uber or Lyft but local. No worrying about someone coming back at a certain time. Just click the app when you're ready to go. Added benefit is you can pay through the app with credit card instead of having to bring cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums