El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I've been looking at these carnival cruises. So tempting and airfares at that time to Sydney are reasonable but I have my cruise to NZ planned for next April.

If you've got the $$$ and can afford the time off work, why not do both? :D

I'm not sure why people keep talking about the flight to Cairns being so expensive .

Example (and I just woke up so forgive me if I get something wrong..but)

You could fly from Sydney on the 8th September do the 3 day Willis Island Cruise which last time I looked was $149pp, and then do the Back to back, Four day Whitsunday cruise which was around $169pp , then fly home on the 16th

Cost of flights on those dates

Departing 08 September 2017 from Sydney to Cairns

Returning 16 September 2017 from Cairns to Sydney

adult

Total

Price

$306.00

Tiger Airways

Actually just looked those two cruises again , one is $145pp & the other $165 pp

so

2 x cruises $310

Airfare $306

Total cost. $616

.....or stay on and do the 7 night cruise To New Guinea on 16 Sep

Cruise $547pp

Total cost. $1,163.00

(Presuming the flight home is roughly the same cost as previous costing .haven't had coffee not doing all the work for you!)

That would be total cost of $1163 for 3 cruises 14 nights and your flights home to Sydney

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Ru2on

I'm not sure why people keep talking about the flight to Cairns being so expensive .

Example (and I just woke up so forgive me if I get something wrong..but)

You could fly from Sydney on the 8th September do the 3 day Willis Island Cruise which last time I looked was $149pp, and then do the Back to back, Four day Whitsunday cruise which was around $169pp , then fly home on the 16th

Cost of flights on those dates

Departing 08 September 2017 from Sydney to Cairns

Returning 16 September 2017 from Cairns to Sydney

adult

Total

Price

$306.00

Tiger Airways

Because not everyone is in Sydney or Brisbane. Cheapest flights that I can find for those same dates is $620 pp return.

Because not everyone is in Sydney or Brisbane. Cheapest flights that I can find for those same dates is $620 pp return.

Sorry Mic didn't cost from Canberra , someone was saying it would cost them a thousand dollars from Sydney , did u check iwanthatfli....

Yeah fairly easy to get to Sydney as we can drive, fly, bus or train up. We will be in India and Nepal touring, so cannot do that cruise .

Have fun in India and Nepal. Been twice to India with Intrepid Travel. Shame the Taj is in scaffold though.

Those a nice little cheapies for people up in Queensland. We get them out of Melbourne but its on the Jewel (and that ship is very very very old and tired).

P&O do not have any new ships, they were to get one but they changed their mind and Carnival got it instead.

Haha someone on here said they will soon be giving away those cairns cruises .. The Whitsunday four day cruise just gone to twin share $236 for the cabin $118ea. For an ocean view

..how low can they go

RCI balcony guarantee 1600 for the 14 day Sydney to Singapore even cheaper if you are diamond

There are 2 on the RCI site, one on Voyager on 16/4 and one on Ovation on 16/3 (both 14 days) which are you looking at. (so I can look too):)

Haha someone on here said they will soon be giving away those cairns cruises .. The Whitsunday four day cruise just gone to twin share $236 for the cabin $118ea. For an ocean view

..how low can they go

Just looking at an oz cruising website but didn't see it that low. It's the airfares that are stopping me screaming "mine mine take my money please"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just looking at an oz cruising website but didn't see it that low. It's the airfares that are stopping me screaming "mine mine take my money please"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your right.. this is from the screen shot I took a few hours ago

$118

Oceanview Stateroom (Obstructed)

And I've just gone back to look after reading your post and it's now gone up to $410.

Wonder what it will be tomorrow!!

I tried to book the Fraser Island cruise but kid availability is full. I called the travel agent and prices have gone up.

Yes I was showing a friend this early this morning and the price was just over $200 twin share obstructed ocean, total for the cabin .. she went home to talk to her husband they got back onto the website to look at the cruise and it is now triple the price . I have told them to not give up hope no doubt it will go back down after the sale finishes!

I tried to book the Fraser Island cruise but kid availability is full. I called the travel agent and prices have gone up.

Quick get back onto the great Aussie cruise sitevprice has come back down for some cabins $242 twin share inside

That's $242 For the cabin not pp, or is it because of no kid places available .. sorry can't help with that one