Northern Lights

Karen604

In just over 3 weeks we will be boarding the MS Amsterdam for 14 days of cruising Alaska. Seeing the Northern Lights has always been on my bucket list. How has the viewing been so far?

Is there any sort of notification by the ship's personnel if there is a sighting?

Is the forecast for them published? I know that my internet will be spotty at best.

Thanks for your help.

In just over 3 weeks we will be boarding the MS Amsterdam for 14 days of cruising Alaska. Seeing the Northern Lights has always been on my bucket list. How has the viewing been so far?

Is there any sort of notification by the ship's personnel if there is a sighting?

Is the forecast for them published? I know that my internet will be spotty at best.

Thanks for your help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534071

Good aurora began early this year and have been pretty good so far. The aurora forecast that I use is http://www.gi.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast There are no notifications from ship personnel unless you're on one of the small specialty ships.

Thank you for posting this website! I have bookmarked it on my phone and computer. I sure hope we are blessed on our cruise/inland trip in mid-July next year.

Thank you for posting this website! I have bookmarked it on my phone and computer. I sure hope we are blessed on our cruise/inland trip in mid-July next year.

Sorry, in July you have zero chance, because the skies don't get dark.

You really don't have any chance of aurora when you are going. It's usually mid August before any chance of viewing. A little earlier this year there were sightings.