Our day in Gieranger, Twizzy car and RIB ride

That looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. We'll be heading to Flam in a few weeks. What did you do in Bergen and Geiranger? We're really excited about our upcoming Norway Fjords cruise.

I was very excited to visit Gieranger. I do not want to take away anything from the beauty of this port, but it was a huge let down after our bike ride in Flam. The port itself was stunning, and the sail and away was breathtaking, but we shared Gieranger with another ship. The port is super small so as you may have guessed, over-crowding was an issue.

We reserved Twizzy Electric cars long in advance. Unfortunately, everyone gets off the ship at the same time and there are only 2 guys working to assign the cars. It was a bit of a cluster for awhile, but they did the best they could. I was super geeked to 'go where buses can't go' as advertised by the company, but unfortunately that was a bit of an overstatement. We got the second to last car, but the people behind us in line WITH paid reservations had to wait for cars to be returned :(.

We first went to Eagles Point with the car which was probably the most stunning overlook of the trip. Unfortunately, you battle huge crowds at the lookout point and big buses going up and coming down. Some of the buses were so large they had to reverse to make the switchbacks.

After Eagles point we went to the keyhole. Again, traffic was terrible. Don't get me wrong, we did very much enjoy ourselves, but this was the first port that we experienced serious congestion. I'd love to see Norway put a limit on the size of buses allowed to travel the roads in Gieranger. Normal buses could manage, but those extra long touring buses could not make the turns without stopping traffic to back up.

I would definatly rent another twizzy car, as it really is cute and fun, but it was a bit of a novality. I'd only rent again if I could be certain that we could take the car off the main roads to get away from all the people.

After the Twizzy we booked a RIB boat ride. Again, this one was a bit of a disappointment. The RIB's I've been on before were fast and furious. Our RIB was a bit more of a putt putt, but it was great to get that water level perspective of the fjord and we were able to motor right up to 7 sisters waterfall. I would probably not recommend a RIB in gieranger unless it was the only port available for RIB riding. Although, if you are looking for a tame RIB ride gieranger might be perfect. :).

Pictures to follow.