Carnival Excursion Price Guarantee

Lexis9784

We (me, DH, 2 kids) are cruising to Progreso in December wanted to do the Dzibilchaltun ruins tour. We saw that we could get it cheaper through Autoprogreso, so I decided to try out Carnival's Best Price Guarantee. Booked for 2 adults and 2 kids and submitted the form. It was accepted and we were given 110% of the difference ($140) in OBC. Just wanted to give others who may be planning this excursion a heads up. :)

We (me, DH, 2 kids) are cruising to Progreso in December wanted to do the Dzibilchaltun ruins tour. We saw that we could get it cheaper through Autoprogreso, so I decided to try out Carnival's Best Price Guarantee. Booked for 2 adults and 2 kids and submitted the form. It was accepted and we were given 110% of the difference ($140) in OBC. Just wanted to give others who may be planning this excursion a heads up. :)

My friend did that with the Uxmal ruins last month and they got the OBC. I've been to Dzib 3 times and it's pretty fun. Not too large but enough there to be interesting. Don't forget to take swimsuits if you want to get in the cenote.

Did you have to book the excursion first?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the heads up! We'll be sure to utilize it as well! My husband & I will be on the Triumph's Dec. 5th cruise & will be cruising, for the first time, without our daughter. Enjoy your cruise & thanks again!

I sent in complaining because they said that autoprosso was not entitled for guarantee and that others had gotten it, and received back that supervisor had said they were not to honor any comparisons for auto progresso site at al.

Sounds like Carnival started losing too much money and stopped honoring their guarantee.

Did you ever find anyone that Carnival would price match for Chichen Itza? I want to take the tour and use Carnival. We usually book independent tours, but this one is so far away that I don't feel comfortable going with someone other than Carnival. Hoping I can find someone that successfully price matched this tour.

Thanks!

Danielle

Did you ever find anyone that Carnival would price match for Chichen Itza? I want to take the tour and use Carnival. We usually book independent tours, but this one is so far away that I don't feel comfortable going with someone other than Carnival. Hoping I can find someone that successfully price matched this tour.

Thanks!

Danielle

Actually I did. We got notified this week we will get $27.50 per person in OBC for our Chichen Itza tour. The tour we used successfully was on shoreexcursioneer. I pointed out it was same length, met you at port, guided, etc. this was my third try at getting the credit. Glad we finally got it.

awesome - thank you! Did you match the private tour on shoreexcursioneer that says as low as $41.99 per person. That one is listed as being 6.5 hours. And how does that work if there are less than 20, do they just price match to the number of people you have? The other tour (regular tour) is listed as being $54.99 and only 6 hours.

Edited by gt1701a

awesome - thank you! Did you match the private tour on showreexcursioneer that says as low as $41.99 per person. That one is listed as being 6.5 hours. And how does that work if there are less than 20, do they just price match to the number of people you have? The other tour (regular tour) is listed as being $54.99 and only 6 hours.

I used the $54.99 one successfully. The other tour at $41.99 had been rejected previously since there were just 3 of us.

The Carnival tour says 6 hours so the $54.99 fit perfect on time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the price match as well for my Cozumel excursion. I got an OBC for $5.50 and then I tried for my Progresso excursion. It was rejected (not a similar event) however, today, I got bold and disputed it to them again with pictures and exact wording from both sites showing it is the same excursion. We shall see, if approved I will get about $140 OBC. That would be nice!!! I really had a hard time deciding if we would even do an excursion in Progresso because of the board post and the reviews on Carnival for many of it's excursions.

I used the price match as well for my Cozumel excursion. I got an OBC for $5.50 and then I tried for my Progresso excursion. It was rejected (not a similar event) however, today, I got bold and disputed it to them again with pictures and exact wording from both sites showing it is the same excursion. We shall see, if approved I will get about $140 OBC. That would be nice!!! I really had a hard time deciding if we would even do an excursion in Progresso because of the board post and the reviews on Carnival for many of it's excursions.

Which excursion did you get OBC for in Cozumel? We normally do not do cruise ship excursions but are considering a catamaran one now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to thank everyone that has posted with their experience. We typically do our own thing at ports due to cost, so I've been wondering how true Carnival's Best Price Guarantee works. I had looked a bit into the dolphin swim program and couldn't find it cheaper once we factored in transportation. nydney1, I'd love to hear if you got the All Inclusive Beach Break. I can handle the 35/25, but not the 80/70 from Carnival.

We actually sail out tomorrow. Yes they honored the price so I got a $200+ credit.

However some others on our cruise said theirs was denied. They are still working on it with Carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you fill out the claim form, be sure to fill it in with all the details exactly like the Carnival Excursion. (i.e. duration, lunch, etc). If all the info is the same as Carnival's excursion, they will match it.

We did a price match in Progreso last year for the AI Beach Day. Instead of $100pp we got it for $35pp.