Different Person On A Cruise?

TahitiRoses

I'm basically an amped up version of my everyday self but I do check my inhibitions while on vacation. And, the older I get, the less it matters what anyone thinks about me or my shenanigans.

We only get one go 'round in life so may as well make the most of it!

Rep

• 6 months later...

I am...I hate being a spectacle at work--I am very professional, tight lipped, never really share my personal life, suit every day. When I am on a cruise, i'll be totally wild--I even bared my a$$ once in front of the ship on The Quest. My wife was so embar-ass-ed! That's part of the allure of cruises--it allows escapism more so than any other vacation since you are at sea.

We have only done this once and it did get things working at the table in the MDR. Our first night we were seated with a lovely couple from the midwest and their three college aged kids. I was traveling with my DH and my DS who was a senior in HS at the time and played Offensive Tackle. He's a 6'3" hulking gentle giant.

The first night at dinner we tried to engage them in conversation and it was a little quiet, somewhat awkward, and rather dull. The next night I asked the kids if they had gotten tickets to the ice show and they clearly weren't interested so I started weaving a silly fantastic tale about how my gigantic son was on his school's ice dancing team during the off season and we were going to check out the intricate footwork and that we were really hoping he could follow in his father's footsteps and make the water ballet team in college. I then went on to tell them how excited I was for the evening show because the performer had won five straight episodes of Star Search and I told them I had all of them on VHS tapes in my cabin if they wanted to borrow them. They looked at us a bit shocked at first and it dawned on them I was jerking around with them and they started laughing and weaving their own fantastic tales. By the end of dinner the daughter was the consultant for the archery sequences in the hunger games, the brother who always ordered two entrees was a competitive eater and the other brother was training to increase his nap times daily. The ice was broken and everyone relaxed.

The rest of the trip we had fun and joshed one another. I have no idea why I was being so silly that night. I was just trying to get people to talk.

That's a great story! Reminds me of the movie Big Fish (except at the end all the stories were real there).

Cute thread.

I used to be a lot more relaxed and laid back on cruises...but now that I'm a mom I'm back to being anxiety mcworrywart while on vacay.

We'll have to sprinkle in some child-free cruises so I can have a week to just chill.

This is so me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk