Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 24

pierces

Our youngest grandchild stands here waiting for her mother to prepare props for her first birthday photo shoot. I mention “standing”, because she has started walking at just shy of a year old. This means I will blink and she will be going to Kindergarten. Another blink and she will be driving. This is yet another reason that I love photography. As long as one is diligent about pulling out the camera and shooting the photos, the images will be around at that future moment when your children are entering their forties and you look at their kids and wonder where the hell the time went. I also appreciate that Photoshop lets me add a soft-focus effect to lessen the sin of shooting in direct sunlight.

I'm Ready For My Close-up...

p2377292944-5.jpg

Dave

Our youngest grandchild stands here waiting for her mother to prepare props for her first birthday photo shoot. I mention “standing”, because she has started walking at just shy of a year old. This means I will blink and she will be going to Kindergarten. Another blink and she will be driving. This is yet another reason that I love photography. As long as one is diligent about pulling out the camera and shooting the photos, the images will be around at that future moment when your children are entering their forties and you look at their kids and wonder where the hell the time went. I also appreciate that Photoshop lets me add a soft-focus effect to lessen the sin of shooting in direct sunlight.

I'm Ready For My Close-up...

p2377292944-5.jpg

Dave

She is absolutely precious! Happy 1st birthday! You are so right about photography and the memories it helps capture.

Monday I was on my last day of my vacation at Disney World - the day was extremely hot and humid, and rained off and on throughout the day - so I was sticking to all handheld and light kit - just two lenses with me - kit and a 35mm F1.8, because I could easily hide them in a small bag that was waterproof. I was at Magic Kingdom that day, so here are a few snaps:

Rainy clouds looming over Big Thunder Mountain:

original.jpg

Jailed pirates trying to coax the key from the dog:

original.jpg

Cinderella's Castle all lit up with light projections for the big fireworks show:

original.jpg

Fireworks, lasers, smoke, and projection lights all at once:

original.jpg

Went out visiting Pulborough brooks

DSC_4862.jpg

Egret

DSC_5120.jpg

Common Darter

DSC_5126.jpg

Wren

Whilst sitting in the garden hundreds of seagull were swarming about, quite high in the sky. I thought I'd try a few panning shots and when I looked at them there were a few black dots in the sky, possible dust on the sensor/lens but looking closer it was this...

DSC_5213.jpg

cropped in

DSC_5213fly.jpg

large flying insects?

Dickie