FOD/LGBT meetings on HAL?

pugmadkate

Hello! I am brand new to cruising. I recently booked our very first cruise; a three-generation, week long cruise to Alaska on Holland America for June 2018. I had not heard of FOD/LGBT meetings until I read about them on this thread. Now I'm wondering if they have them on HAL and how does one find out about them on a specific cruise?

My son is gay, 25 years old, and I would love for him to have this social opportunity on our vacation. Thanks for reading and for any information.

Hello! I am brand new to cruising. I recently booked our very first cruise; a three-generation, week long cruise to Alaska on Holland America for June 2018. I had not heard of FOD/LGBT meetings until I read about them on this thread. Now I'm wondering if they have them on HAL and how does one find out about them on a specific cruise?

My son is gay, 25 years old, and I would love for him to have this social opportunity on our vacation. Thanks for reading and for any information.

Indeed they ideally have them, depending on length of cruise they well have them more of them, typ after the first get togeather we automatically get together in same spot. They will have them in one of the lounges at cocktail time typ

Age range well very....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! And are these meetings in the daily schedule (I assume there is a daily schedule on-line or printed up for each day?)

Yes they mostly. Some cruise directors have it added to the paper. But after few days someone will asks to have one.... what ship you going one,

They had them one the Amsterdam last

Month

We're on the HAL's Eurodam leaving June 23, 2018 for a seven day, round-trip out of Seattle to Alaska.

I'm just glad to hear about these meetings. I have to admit I was a little hesitant about booking this cruise in the first place because I wondered how gay-friendly it would be. Finding this board has set my mind at ease.

Again, thank you for your replies.

We're on the HAL's Eurodam leaving June 23, 2018 for a seven day, round-trip out of Seattle to Alaska.

I'm just glad to hear about these meetings. I have to admit I was a little hesitant about booking this cruise in the first place because I wondered how gay-friendly it would be. Finding this board has set my mind at ease.

Again, thank you for your replies.

HAL is very gay friendly, enjoy. Which ship you be on

• 2 weeks later...

What ya'll might want to do is get with the cruise director in the first day and ask to have him arrange a meeting spot and time and put an announcement in the daily program. Sorry I can't remember it's name. My husband and I have been on 7 HAL cruises and have met nice people on every one!

We had LGBT meetings on our February cruise on the Zuiderdam. Unfortunately, they were scheduled too close to our fixed seating dining to take full advantage of them. We went to a few and met some nice folks.

On our cruise, there were not any young people. But it was a 10-night cruise to the Panama Canal. There will probably be more on a week-long cruise.

Our problem is that we have dinner scheduled at 7:30 every night and they tend to schedule LGBT get together at 7:00 or 7:30. Unless people are at 5pm early dinner is hard to make it. Also several times it has been in the Crows Nest and although it is a nice location, it is as far from dinner as you can get. We asked on one cruise and they moved it but were obviously not happy with re-arranging their schedule so we just gave up and had our own 2 person LGBT get together after that cruise :)

One cruise on Oosterdam scheduled it at 6:00 in the Pinnacle Bar and was always well attended. Short walk to the dining room or Pinnacle Grill.

• 5 months later...
Hello! I am brand new to cruising. I recently booked our very first cruise; a three-generation, week long cruise to Alaska on Holland America for June 2018.

My son is gay, 25 years old, and I would love for him to have this social opportunity on our vacation.

Dang, just missed you it looks like, I was on the Eurodam end of August on an Alaskan cruise, and on an Eastern Caribbean in November.

It did seem that the CD for the Alaskan cruise only posted 1 LGBT meet-up, but the CD for the Caribbean posted several during the week.

I didn't attend during either cruise as I was with friends, but hope to do a FoD meet-up in February for my 21-day cruise on the Rotterdam.

So, was your son able to meet anyone during your cruise?