Regent Flights - with and without deviation

Travelcat2

Again, it may be different in the U.K. but our cruises are never paid in full 270 days in advance of sailing and I suspect that this is the case with most cruisers. We book almost all of our flights through Regent (using deviation), and always receive our Booking Reference immediately. For some reason, BA is one of the easiest airlines to change seats online. One airline (think that it is Air Canada), we have to call them to change seats.

I do understand that there are different rules in the U.K. and U.S. but this is how it has worked for quite a few years. in the U,S. and Canada. As I mentioned, when Regent books our flights, they have no idea what our Executive Club status is as they do not have this information (we put in our information sometime before we fly but months after we have our seats).

Flossie, I have no idea why we've always been able to do this when you couldn't :confused: Part of our routine when booking any flight is to go right in there and swap seats (because we are picky like that!) If you're Silver too, then there shouldn't be an issue - you'd follow the same website pathway as we do. But the mysteries and marvels of technology continue to baffle me!

Though you might not have BA bookings through Regent, I hope you still have some tickets in the box! ;p

Again, it may be different in the U.K. but our cruises are never paid in full 270 days in advance of sailing and I suspect that this is the case with most cruisers. We book almost all of our flights through Regent (using deviation), and always receive our Booking Reference immediately. For some reason, BA is one of the easiest airlines to change seats online. One airline (think that it is Air Canada), we have to call them to change seats.

This bit isn't necessarily Regent. My cruise is 20 June 2018 and Regent want payment in full by 23 of March, HOWEVER my TA is asking for Final Payment 17 January. I have yet to query them as to why but...

as an aside can I give my Executive Club number at the airport and get my AVIOS points?

Edited by garyb(uk)

Garyb, your Exec club number could be attached to your booking - we quote ours when we book but I'm sure that your travel agent can attach the details at some point, or you could probably do so yourself by contacting BA Exec club on the phone using the number on your card (which we have found to be the easiest/most successful way of getting something done). Good to have that number on the booking before you get there - who knows, there might be upgrades available and some seats (particularly upstairs on a 747) are prioritised for Exec club members, too.

Garyb, your Exec club number could be attached to your booking - we quote ours when we book but I'm sure that your travel agent can attach the details at some point, or you could probably do so yourself by contacting BA Exec club on the phone using the number on your card (which we have found to be the easiest/most successful way of getting something done). Good to have that number on the booking before you get there - who knows, there might be upgrades available and some seats (particularly upstairs on a 747) are prioritised for Exec club members, too.

Gilly, Thanks for the advice - I have just given my details to my TA.

Garyb,

Once you have your BA booking reference, log in to the 'My Executive Club' section of the BA website. You can then add your booking; then through the 'Manage My Booking' tab you will be able to attach your Executive Club Number(s), reserve seats (subject to the possible caveats given previously), add passenger information, check-in etc

Most TAs like to take final payment a little before Regent's final date......but two months prior sounds somewhat excessive

Gilly,

Yes, I am glad to say we have some future Regent cruises booked but either Regent have booked us on a non BA airline or we have booked BA flights direct using accumulated airmiles/avios.

Unfortunately, since we will not have enough paid flights this year, we will both lose our BA Silver status :( (swings & roundabouts)

Yes, I am glad to say we have some future Regent cruises booked but either Regent have booked us on a non BA airline or we have booked BA flights direct using accumulated airmiles/avios.

Unfortunately, since we will not have enough paid flights this year, we will both lose our BA Silver status :( (swings & roundabouts

Phew...and poo..... :( We've been ripping through our Avios recently on car hire and European flights, or we might have been in the same situation :eek: But if BA are going to play silly Bs then maybe you'll be glad to fly with a different airline? (We have BA flights next week....here's hoping they are sorted out by then!)

• 4 weeks later...

We're booked to begin in London and end in Barcelona on a cruise but we'd like to take a rain to Madrid and fly home from there about a week after the cruise ends.

Has anyone tried something like this using Regent's air? I'm wondering what their deviation charges might be

Cruise isn't until Sept 2018

Thanks

We're booked to begin in London and end in Barcelona on a cruise but we'd like to take a rain to Madrid and fly home from there about a week after the cruise ends.

Has anyone tried something like this using Regent's air? I'm wondering what their deviation charges might be

Thanks

I do not believe that this can be one with Regent air - even with deviation (at least I have not heard of it).

Thanks

Yes, as 10-7 stated, should not be a problem You have to pay the $175 pp deviation fee plus any differential in actual flight cost, if any for the flight from Madrid. Have read about others doing this so not a new or unusual request.

We are booked to go sail out of Singapore in April and requested a deviation to Hong Kong a week earlier, we have paid a &175 fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the first time I've heard of this. So, you flew into Hong Kong - stayed a week and they flew to Singapore? This opens a lot of possibilities for people (especially those of us who Platinum and above Seven Seas Society member and do not have to pay deviation fees).

Yes, as 10-7 stated, should not be a problem You have to pay the $175 pp deviation fee plus any differential in actual flight cost, if any for the flight from Madrid. Have read about others doing this so not a new or unusual request.

Thank you very much, I did contact Regent and they said to advise them our wishes and we will have to pay the deviation fee per person and any difference in flight costs which seems reasonable to me.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I just booked my air through my TA for a Rio to Barcelona cruise this February. Got great connections, one stop each way on AA outbound and Delta inbound and happily paid he $175 per person deviation fee. Two days early pre cruise and 3 days post cruise. On a whim, I dummy booked the exact flights on my own and was very surprised to find hat the flights would cost me $4,000 more per person than what I paid for the entire 17 day cruise which included the airfare. Crazy...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to just take this opportunity to thank Travelcat2 for all your useful information you have posted!

Thanks

Hope to meet you and your wife one day on Regent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to just take this opportunity to thank Travelcat2 for all your useful information you have posted!

Thanks

Hope to meet you and your wife one day on Regent

That was such a kind post.:D Thank you! Actually, I am a woman and my husband I hope would enjoy cruising with you sometime. Glad that my information has been helpful!

That was such a kind post.:D Thank you! Actually, I am a woman and my husband I hope would enjoy cruising with you sometime. Glad that my information has been helpful!

Thanks for your reply hope to meet you both one day!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a cruise booked on June 9 , 2018 . We will fly out of MCO (Orlando) to Venice and return on June 21 from Venice . We are looking at either Delta or American Air . Does anyone know if Regent uses these carriers ? We have a 11 am flight out of Venice . Is this feasible or should we look at a 12:15 pm flight on American . The American Flights connect through Philadelphia (both ways) and the Delta connects through JFK outbound and ATL return.

We have a cruise booked on June 9 , 2018 . We will fly out of MCO (Orlando) to Venice and return on June 21 from Venice . We are looking at either Delta or American Air . Does anyone know if Regent uses these carriers ? We have a 11 am flight out of Venice . Is this feasible or should we look at a 12:15 pm flight on American . The American Flights connect through Philadelphia (both ways) and the Delta connects through JFK outbound and ATL return.

Yes, they use both.

Unless you deviate you will get whatever regent gives you. And is best to deviate 270 days prior to your cruise which is in a few weeks Have no idea how you have a flight now unless you asked regent for a credit and if so doesn't matter which airlines regent uses. Need s better explanation of what you have or want to do in order to help you.