LGBT Cruisers

OzPinoyCruiser

more details on what this is please. What ship? from which port? Is it a charter?

It is on the Carnival Victory from Miami. The event is hosted by a travel agency but not a full charter.

~Profile Says Everything~

• 1 month later...
My partner and I are from Louisiana. We're on the LGBT Takeover cruise in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have some very good friends that will be joining that cruise! Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, all! New to Cruise Critic. My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon cruise on Celebrity Constellation 9/28 (ended on 10/9). It was a fabulous trip through the Mediterranean, and we made some great new friends at the daily LGBT gathering.

We've been on seven cruises together, one on Carnival and six on Celebrity. Next up is EDGE in February of 2019. It is going to be a long year next year with no planned cruises!

We live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

Hey all, my husband and I are from Denver, CO. We will be heading out for our 13th cruise together for the Pied Piper Post-Thanksgiving cruise on Nov 25 on Freedom of the Seas!!! If any one else is going we will be at the Sky Bar upon embarkation, come say hi!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gay couple from Amsterdam (NL) here, getting ready for our second cruise! Western mediterranean on Celebrity Reflection in september.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

The Reflection is my FAVORITE ship, you will surely enjoy everything she has to offer!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LGB group of 4: My husband and two best friends will be joining me on the 2/4/18 Allure cruise on RCI out of FTL. We can't wait!

Doing Allure 2/18/18

Hoping to meet some friends on this cruise.

Anyone doing it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I used to put together small gay group cruises on my own and always had 25-45 guys at the point I gave it up. Started with a group of friends, then they invited their friends, posted a few notes at the local GLBT Center... it grows. If you are a good organizer and have time to do a lot of emails, it can be fun.

I always gathered up all the "points" the tour organizer received (which could be applied to the cost of your cabin) and distributed them to everyone in the form of drink coupons. I stopped organizing these cruises because there was always someone whispering I was only doing it to get a free cruise... which was not true. I should not have paid attention, but eventually just quit and have been doing other things for a few years. But if you can get around that, it is a nice way to cruise with a gay group for not as much $$ as the others. Clearly, the pros do a much better job and I believe are worth the extra cost, but for the budget conscious, it is a good way to go.

We were cruising out of San Diego and we primarily drew our cruisers from that region, so it helps to have a nearby port. We also started out using Carnival to keep costs low and attract the widest circle of cruisers. The more 'elegant' among us could upgrade to suites, etc. The Mexican Riviera cruises are priced right and have some very nice gay-friendly ports of call and activities.

If I had to do it over again I would either become a travel agent or find a gay TA to work with to maximize all of the perks, etc., the cruise line can offer... but I got us some good perks as well toward the end.

It takes a good organizer with masochistic tendencies, but since you started this thread and the subject of group cruises came up, I thought I'd share with y'all. It was fun... until it wasn't! But I might do it again anyway!

Keep cruising boys and girls!

Hi! I used to put together small gay group cruises on my own and always had 25-45 guys at the point I gave it up. Started with a group of friends, then they invited their friends, posted a few notes at the local GLBT Center... it grows. If you are a good organizer and have time to do a lot of emails, it can be fun.

I always gathered up all the "points" the tour organizer received (which could be applied to the cost of your cabin) and distributed them to everyone in the form of drink coupons. I stopped organizing these cruises because there was always someone whispering I was only doing it to get a free cruise... which was not true. I should not have paid attention, but eventually just quit and have been doing other things for a few years. But if you can get around that, it is a nice way to cruise with a gay group for not as much $$ as the others. Clearly, the pros do a much better job and I believe are worth the extra cost, but for the budget conscious, it is a good way to go.

We were cruising out of San Diego and we primarily drew our cruisers from that region, so it helps to have a nearby port. We also started out using Carnival to keep costs low and attract the widest circle of cruisers. The more 'elegant' among us could upgrade to suites, etc. The Mexican Riviera cruises are priced right and have some very nice gay-friendly ports of call and activities.

If I had to do it over again I would either become a travel agent or find a gay TA to work with to maximize all of the perks, etc., the cruise line can offer... but I got us some good perks as well toward the end.

It takes a good organizer with masochistic tendencies, but since you started this thread and the subject of group cruises came up, I thought I'd share with y'all. It was fun... until it wasn't! But I might do it again anyway!

Keep cruising boys and girls!

You should do it again in the future... Happy Cruising to all of us... we are from Sydney Australia!!! Everyone cone and visit land down under...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, all! New to Cruise Critic. My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon cruise on Celebrity Constellation 9/28 (ended on 10/9). It was a fabulous trip through the Mediterranean, and we made some great new friends at the daily LGBT gathering.

We've been on seven cruises together, one on Carnival and six on Celebrity. Next up is EDGE in February of 2019. It is going to be a long year next year with no planned cruises!

We live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

Celebrity Edge looks promising!!! Will try cruising with her in the future... congratulations to your successful and memorable honeymoon...

You should do it again in the future... Happy Cruising to all of us... we are from Sydney Australia!!! Everyone cone and visit land down under...

We would love to visit the Down Under. Many sites to see and culture to experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We're headed to Australia next November for a 10 night cruise to New Zealand on RCL Radiance of the Seas. We're part of a small gay group organized by a gent named Arno Schuechen. We'll spend five nites in Sydney before the cruise and a few in Auckland at the end of the cruise. Never been to that part of the world and welcome any tips or suggestions.

Hi everyone!

Just recently joined here and have been in the lurking stage.

My first crossing on the QM2 was awesome as they had a "Friends of Dorothy" gathering everyday. Met some great friends there, however have since lost touch with them.

I have been on two other cruises, both times with friends, so never did any of the LGBT gatherings. During my last cruise, I booked my next cruise, a 21-day in the Caribbean on HAL Rotterdam....of course, NOW I find out there is a Gay cruise on the Koningsdam in the middle of my cruise! LOL - just my luck!

Anyway, looking forward to my time alone, as this will be my first time traveling alone. I usually travel with friends and/or family, so this will be my first adventure on my own.

Hello from Canada! [emoji1063]

It's not until next year, but I'm already looking forward to it and hoping to meet other LGBT [emoji304] friends here and onboard...

NCL Epic • March 31, 2018 • Western Caribbean (Orlando/Port Canaveral) -

so introduce yourselves and any questions, feel free to ask, eh? Happy Holidays! [emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums