which of these excursions from Sydney?

poss

Bras D'Or Lakes Grand tour (7 hours)

Fortress Louisbourg (4 hours)

Alexander GrahamBell Museum &Village of Baddeck (4 hrs)

This will be end of October. We love great scenery.

Many thanks.

I would need a bit more information. It is off season for Louisbourg so that could wait till you come back in the summer. The Alexander Graham Bell Museum is interesting and the village of Baddeck if lovely.

The tour around the Bras'D'Or Lakes if it is just a driving tour would be lovely on a nice day.

You could easily rent a car and do a combination of the Brad D'Or Lakes tour and Baddeck. Here is the route to take: https://goo.gl/maps/K9zoq5RoGC72

Enterprise in Sydney will pick you up at the pier.

Five years ago, when our ship stopped in Sydney, we took the municipal bus (route #1, I think) to the coal miners' museum. Very easy and I even got a "senior discount bus fare" at age 55. The museum guides, former miners, provided us with an emotional, educational experience that was quite possibly the highlight of our 10 day cruise! Not to be missed. It was my search on CC and earlier threads that helped me plan it!

The Alexander Graham Bell Museum and Village of Baddeck was mostly the museum and a 5 minute stop in Baddeck a few years ago when we did it. We had time to buy a coffee in Baddeck, but not to drink it.

The museum was great and I would have enjoyed it more if I had known that it was the major event and we really were just going to drive through Baddeck.

I really appreciate the replies. The excursions are included (Regent), so no need to find transportation. Curious: The Louisbourg tour is listed as one of the possibilities, even though it'll be very end of October. Perhaps people won't be in full regalia, but I wouldn't mind that.

I know that weather can be unlovely in Canada/New England in October/November (hurricanes even), but I will have to hope for the best.

Thanks once more.

There may be a special tour put on at Louisbourg for your ship but it won't be as good as Louisbourg in summer with animators in costume in every building and around the town playing the roles of actual people who lived there. I don't believe the restaurant and pub (as in 1744) will be open either. If you think you will never get back to Cape Breton again, then it may be worth it to go to Louisbourg.

If a tour to the Miners' Museum is offered, take it: you'll have a remarkable and soul-affecting experience. Otherwise, Baddeck and/or the Bras D'Or Lakes will be scenic and relaxing. Fortress Louisbourg is on an exposed peninsula and can get very cold.