Regent website problem Saturday (7/8), Sunday (7/9) and possibly beyond.

mjobtx

I had a terrible experience last night with the Regent website. Since we are in a lower category cabin, we couldn't book shore excursions until last night. So I logged in to my account and started selecting shore excursions. Because higher category cabins could book earlier, a few that we wanted were not available but we expected that.

What I didn't expect was to select and try to pay four times with no success. It was late and night and I hadn't noticed that after I logged in, the Regent site was resetting my country to Canada. The two times I actually got to the payment screen, the screen required a Province. Of course, here in the United States there is no such thing so I was unable to pay. I tried two different browsers with the same results. I was trying to book from my desktop so it wasn't a laptop setting. Everything else works fine.

So now, I wait until tomorrow (Monday) until Regent customer service is open to see what is still available. I just don't get it. Surely I am not the only one affected by this. I checked my passenger profile. It is correct so it is unrelated to the information I have submitted.

Frustrating and a massive waste of time.

Just checked the Regent website and "My Account" and it is working fine. Have you tried logging out and then back in again? It is really weird that it thinks that you are Canadian. To my knowledge, they have the same website as the U.S. Does the website require you to put in a province?

In order to pay, I had to select a Province. A state was not an option.

I logged out and back in. I logged in on Saturday and again today (Sunday). I tried two different browsers. I cleared the cache on both. I gave up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I can change it to United States but it changes back to Canada when I click on "My Account." Without clicking on "My Account" I can click on "Find Cruise" then select a month/months, ship/s etc. but once I click on "Show Results" it switches to Canada from the United States. One heck of a strange bug but it has made it impossible for me to effectively use the website. I tried with Chrome and Firefox. Didn't try EDGE. Got frustrated and gave up. Sent an email to Regent. Maybe they can figure out it tomorrow.

jarconthemighty, I was unable to complete entry of my credit card data because I had to select a Province. Since I don't live in Canada, I could not select a province. It is only after you complete that template that you can submit the payment.

Michael, sounds like there is an issue with the address in your profile. Go into My Account and check your profile. Unfortunately, if the profile is in error you have to call Regent to fix; cannot be done online.

Marc

Michael, sounds like there is an issue with the address in your profile. Go into My Account and check your profile. Unfortunately, if the profile is in error you have to call Regent to fix; cannot be done online.

Marc

Thanks for the advice Marc but my profile is correct. It has my address in the United States and United States is listed in the "Country" field of the profile. Our "Guest Registration" forms are complete and correct as well. The problem is somewhere on Regent's side in some obscure database to which I have no access.

Since my earlier email, I also attempted to login with the Microsoft EDGE browser with the same results. So three browsers, same results.

I had a similar problem when I tried to book my excursions for our Cuba cruise in April. I had to call them and they said there was a "bug" but they could override it. All of my profile information which carries over from cruise to cruise was accurate. I know its very frustrating especially on a weekend, they should be able to fit it for you Monday morning.

I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

I had a similar problem when I tried to book my excursions for our Cuba cruise in April. I had to call them and they said there was a "bug" but they could override it. All of my profile information which carries over from cruise to cruise was accurate. I know its very frustrating especially on a weekend, they should be able to fit it for you Monday morning.

I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

If something similar happened to you, they haven't fixed the bug. It only seems to affect random people but it certainly affected me.

The website has many issues. I tried to change an excursion for an upcoming cruise. The choice i wanted is listed on the page I can pull up in my account. As everyone has discovered, in order to change a choice you have to call in to Regent. However, Regent is in a different system and the choice I wanted doesn't exist. I called on two separate occasions in case the person I talked to the first time was incompetent. They couldn't explain why the customer sees a choice that doesn't really exist. So, anyone that chooses this excursion will be sorely disappointed when they get their excursion tickets on boarding. Someone from Regent was supposed to email me with an explanation, but, of course, that never happened.

mjobtx - can you please send me an email so that I may try to assist you. I can be reached at mmoore@rssc.com. Apologies for the aggravation - it appears that for some reason our website is interpreting your IP address as residing in Canada.

mjobtx - can you please send me an email so that I may try to assist you. I can be reached at mmoore@rssc.com. Apologies for the aggravation - it appears that for some reason our website is interpreting your IP address as residing in Canada.

Mr. Moore:

I just received your message and I forwarded the email that I sent to my Regent agent along with a few more details a few moments ago.

Michael