01 August Azamara visit Edinburgh

procter

Hi all,

Any CC members going to Leith for this visit.

Interesting that I got invite through spare email address rather than the one that I use for Azamara info.

Maybe one day they will get around to the one that is always in my passenger info

You're going to want to post this on your roll call. Perhaps all the tours and plans are already made, but it's worth a shot. That's where you'll find ongoing conversations with people on your exact same sailing. This is the general Azamara board.

Hi all,

Interesting that I got invite through spare email address rather than the one that I use for Azamara info.

Maybe one day they will get around to the one that is always in my passenger info

Private ship visits are organized in the local market. Perhaps you communicated at some point with our U.K. office by using your spare email address? When you rsvp ask them to replace your spare with your preferred email address.

Enjoy the ship visit...a day aboard in Leith sounds marvelous to me!

Hi all,

We didn't get an invite :loudcry:

How disappointing that once again Azamara is visiting Edinburgh and once again we received no invitation despite us actually living in the city.

We should not be surprised though as we never receive any communication from either Azamara or Celebrity either by e-mail or by post. It is as if we are invisible, but perhaps it is only those in the highest loyalty levels who are considered or those with current or future bookings.

Coincidentally all our past sailings were onboard Quest. This time it is Journey in Edinburgh. It would have been good to finally put faces to some of the names which have become so familiar through this forum, such as Magnus (replacing Johannes that very day) Ryzard, Eric and Monica.

We tried at least twice over the years, at times when we were to contact Nicole and Richard Twynam who were trying to sort out communication issues from CC members including ourselves. Each time, these had only short lasting results, (and even then were still incomplete) before they too stopped altogether.

As it seemed pointless to try all over again, I fell into the habit of keeping up with "all things Azamara" through this forum, including when there were price promotions.

Perhaps some day.......

We got an invite by email - we have never cruised Azamara yet but are due to in a few months time. By the time I actually read the email and replied - less than two hours after receipt - it was "sold out"! Both locations.

Anyway I was in two minds about this due to a previous experience we had, but I see someone said earlier, this invitation is on changeover day which makes sense. We have been on another cruise line when they invited future/prospective cruise guests on board including press and travel agents and to be honest we found it was very intrusive as this was not on changeover day. Sales people booming their sales pitch around with their groups and even coming into the spa (and the spa changing rooms :eek:). Taking over public areas, the sales team just seemed to forget they still had paying guests on board the ship trying to relax, read quietly, lunch and just enjoy the facilities. So when I asked my DH if we should accept this invitation, he did remind me how we felt on that occasion!

But it seems Azamara will not be inconveniencing guests already on board as its changeover day - but there may be back to back guests but who would know the difference between the lunch guests and the new guests arriving!

Enjoy your day if you're going. :D

We got an invite by email - we have never cruised Azamara yet but are due to in a few months time. By the time I actually read the email and replied - less than two hours after receipt - it was "sold out"! Both locations.

Anyway I was in two minds about this due to a previous experience we had, but I see someone said earlier, this invitation is on changeover day which makes sense. We have been on another cruise line when they invited future/prospective cruise guests on board including press and travel agents and to be honest we found it was very intrusive as this was not on changeover day. Sales people booming their sales pitch around with their groups and even coming into the spa (and the spa changing rooms :eek:). Taking over public areas, the sales team just seemed to forget they still had paying guests on board the ship trying to relax, read quietly, lunch and just enjoy the facilities. So when I asked my DH if we should accept this invitation, he did remind me how we felt on that occasion!

But it seems Azamara will not be inconveniencing guests already on board as its changeover day - but there may be back to back guests but who would know the difference between the lunch guests and the new guests arriving!

Enjoy your day if you're going. :D

The lunch is usually served in the Main Dining Room or in one of the speciality restaurants which are both not available to guests on that day. They also do these trips in ports along the way, never been inconvenienced by them

The lunch is usually served in the Main Dining Room or in one of the speciality restaurants which are both not available to guests on that day. They also do these trips in ports along the way, never been inconvenienced by them

And that's exactly how it should be done!

How disappointing that once again Azamara is visiting Edinburgh and once again we received no invitation despite us actually living in the city.

We should not be surprised though as we never receive any communication from either Azamara or Celebrity either by e-mail or by post. It is as if we are invisible, but perhaps it is only those in the highest loyalty levels who are considered or those with current or future bookings.

Coincidentally all our past sailings were onboard Quest. This time it is Journey in Edinburgh. It would have been good to finally put faces to some of the names which have become so familiar through this forum, such as Magnus (replacing Johannes that very day) Ryzard, Eric and Monica.

We tried at least twice over the years, at times when we were to contact Nicole and Richard Twynam who were trying to sort out communication issues from CC members including ourselves. Each time, these had only short lasting results, (and even then were still incomplete) before they too stopped altogether.

As it seemed pointless to try all over again, I fell into the habit of keeping up with "all things Azamara" through this forum, including when there were price promotions.

Perhaps some day.......

I can't say we receive no emails but it is certainly hit and miss. We have been in Journey six times with another trip planned for next year so they don't need to sell it to us but it would have been nice to see our favourite ship on home territory.

I was sent the e mail last week and have only sailed once on Quest.

I wasn't able to register my interest, as we are on holiday on August 1st.

I considered the Southampton visit too short to merit the cost of getting there. There certainly wouldn't have been a lunch served as disembarkation is at 11 a.m

"

SOUTHAMPTON SHIP VISIT: When: 04 September 2017, from 8:30am to 11:00am.

Where: City Cruise Terminal, 101 Herbert Walker Avenue, Southampton, SO15 1GZ"

Sorry for the rant!:o

Blame it on sheer frustration as ranting is not my usual attitude.

Interesting though that communications issues with Azamara (and in our case, also Celebrity) appear to be still patchy for some.

Sorry for the rant!:o

Blame it on sheer frustration as ranting is not my usual attitude.

Interesting though that communications issues with Azamara (and in our case, also Celebrity) appear to be still patchy for some.

Have you checked your communication preferences? Maybe the got changed without your knowing?

I didn't get the invite for the Aug 1st Azamara Journey visit in Edinburgh. I had to buy the 12 night cruise to get on board that day. :D Or how about registering with a different email address?

Chucktownsteve, thank you for taking an interest and for suggesting other possibilities.

We prefer not to have a second e-mail, and since changing our ISP around a year ago (but keeping our original e-mail) have noticed nothing different. I have however just now checked our contact preferences on both sites and noticed some gaps, now completed, but nothing I would have expected to make a difference. I cannot remember if these were fully completed on the 2 occasions we tried to get comms issues resolved ( more than likely)but I do know they would have been correct when we had bookings with either X or Az.

Celebrity we last sailed in 2015, Azamara in 2014 (three that year), so yes, it has been some time, but Azamara have had one or other of their ships here every year (at least in recent years) and we have never been contacted. No matter, we pick up news of offers, new itineraries etc on this forum then refer to the website.

Since 2005 we have taken 4 maybe 5 trips a year, a mix of land and cruising, but as we are always itinerary driven and prefer smaller ships, we jump around different cruiselines. For this reason we will never be top level loyalty on any line. For the last couple of years we have had to compromise on ship size or cruiseline to get the itineraries and unfortunately Azamara offered nothing new for us. Maybe next year.:)