RSSC Navigator

woogie

Has anyone stayed in Room 947 on the Navigator?

It is 5 cabins from the back of the ship and I am wondering if I will feel the vibration that everyone seems to address.

If you are in waters where there is typically a vibration on the Navigator, you will likely feel it in your suite. if you are able to change suites, I would do so - better to be safe than sorry!

P.S. Just curious, is this the suite you are booked in for the WC?

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies.

We are actually in 623 for the world cruise but thought we could change to a cat F and save a few bucks.

Doesn't seem like a good option however....

Travelcat ,I am surprised you are not somewhere on the high seas>>>>>ha, ha

Regards to all

Hi All,

Travelcat ,I am surprised you are not somewhere on the high seas>>>>>ha, ha

Regards to all

We are enjoying summer in the Pacific Northwest. We're taking a short cruise at the end of next month and will be at sea at Thanksgiving. I don't think our Thanksgiving dinner will be as fabulous as when all of us CC'ers were at the Captain's table (without the Captain) on Explorer. That was really great but we learned that there are challenges to speak to each other because the table was so large:D

Excited for you that you will be doing the WC. If we didn't have our feline family, we would have considered it. For now, we'll have to live vicariously through you guys!

I stayed in the back one on 9. It was my first cruise and I didn't even know about cruise critic. At the end of the guise both my husband and I were in the "what vibration is everyone complaining about" group. I would happily stay back there again.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stayed in the back one on 9. It was my first cruise and I didn't even know about cruise critic. At the end of the guise both my husband and I were in the "what vibration is everyone complaining about" group. I would happily stay back there again.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - this can happen but, IMO, it is better to warn potential passengers. Better to be warned than be sorry. I've read (on CC) of people getting physically ill from the vibration. BTW, we did stay in an aft suite on Voyager and it didn't bother us (even though we had a bathroom that really vibrated). OTOH, we would not book an aft suite on Navigator. We have been on her when glasses move across the table, etc. in La Veranda.

Woogie,

Don't know anything about 947, but can predict that 623 will be free of vibration and give you a good ride. We have stayed in that line of odd numbered suites on deck 6 several times and have had zero vibration in out suite. If (when) we book the navigator again, we will book one of those suites. You will experience vibration to varying degrees in public areas, however. Especially in the theatre.

• 3 weeks later...

Woogie, we were in suite 619 on Navigator for 2017 world cruise. You will love 623. Perfect location and much smoother ride down on lower deck. That's why dining room is down there. Basically same crew will be back for your 2018 WC. We booked the 10 day LA to LA just prior to 2018 WC just so we could visit with the crew. They will be on board to prep ship for WC.

Woogie, we were in suite 619 on Navigator for 2017 world cruise. You will love 623. Perfect location and much smoother ride down on lower deck. That's why dining room is down there. Basically same crew will be back for your 2018 WC. We booked the 10 day LA to LA just prior to 2018 WC just so we could visit with the crew. They will be on board to prep ship for WC.

Thanks, it is good to know that the crew will have a "dry run" just ahead of the 2018 WC! Also glad to know that suite 619 was a good location for a WC. We will be two suites down.

We love small ships and know that vibration does not bother us. Looking forward to the cruise!

My only concern for the world cruise on Navigator is the lack of public spaces, no observation lounge and the cramped area around coffee connection and the piano bar opposite with a walkway through. If the weather was poor so outside areas were not in use, then I think the Navigator will feel cramped. We enjoyed a 22 day B2B on Navigator last year but it was port heavy and the pool area was in constant use, only really Galileo's as an evening venue which got very busy, on the other ships this is spread more with stars and the observation lounge on Mariner plus more relaxed seating like along by the jigsaw and the partially covered area at the back of the pool deck outside Sette Mari as well.

We were upfront in 1003PH so the vibration issue was not an issue ,but in the aft theatre was noticeable, especially the migrating drinks on the little tables, and the floor in places, gave an interesting aerobic experience. Did not notice in compass rose.

Theatre sight lines are better than on Mariner ( especially upstairs), prime seven was better laid out than Mariner, and we did not miss signatures, which we have never been sure is better than compass rose. Interesting to see how chartreuse on the Voyager compares this summer, especially with the even wider CR menu?

On our 2 Navigator cruises we have had forward suites and felt no vibration at all there. Pre dinner both times we found Stars Lounge to be the place to be. Live music and often dancing and a great atmosphere.

I find Navigator to be so friendly and comfortable and would happily chose a Navigator cruise no question.

Our choices for our cruise is itinerary based not ship based. Jean.

On our 2 Navigator cruises we have had forward suites and felt no vibration at all there. Pre dinner both times we found Stars Lounge to be the place to be. Live music and often dancing and a great atmosphere.

I find Navigator to be so friendly and comfortable and would happily chose a Navigator cruise no question.

Our choices for our cruise is itinerary based not ship based. Jean.

Our cruise ship choices are also definitely itinerary based. Therefore we cruise on some of the smaller mass market ships...HAL's Amsterdam and the Pacific Princess along with Cunard's Queens though they aren't small, but oh so gracious, especially in the Queen's Grill!

When we are traveling with our seven grandchildren we go with our home port ships...RCL and Carnival....great for the kids and we manage to have fun too!

Our favorite ships of all time were Seabourn's Little Girls. Now it is Seabourn's Odyssey class...they are beautiful ships and the perfect size for us.

We enjoyed our 72 day cruise on Regent Mariner, but are really looking forward to the smaller size of the Navigator. I know it is not liked by everyone, but we know what we like on long cruises....a comfortable suite with a balcony plus good food and service. I know we will find that on any Regent ship.

We are not prone to sea sickness and enjoy "feeling" the ship movement even the figure 8's and the rocking and rolling. Vibration and anchor noise really don't bother us either. A large amount of public space with entertainment and sun deck space is not critical for a good cruise for us either. So I think we will like the Navigator...time will tell...we have 137 days to find out? LOL

The 2018 WC itinerary with all the ports in New Zealand and around the southern and western coasts of Australia plus the number of island stops in the Indian Ocean is a real winner for us.

Thanks for your comments on the Stars Lounge...will check it out. Funny that was an almost empty lounge on our long Mariner cruise.

We have also noticed that on Mariner that the Stars Lounge is mostly empty until late nite.

On Mariner we always seem to enjoy pre dinner drinks in Mariner lounge and post dinner nite cap in Horizon lounge where is often good for dancing and mingling with new friends.

The location of Stars Lounge on Navigator is also quite good. We have never really felt that we missed a forward observation lounge. Have a great cruise. Jean.

We have also noticed that on Mariner that the Stars Lounge is mostly empty until late nite.

On Mariner we always seem to enjoy pre dinner drinks in Mariner lounge and post dinner nite cap in Horizon lounge where is often good for dancing and mingling with new friends.

The location of Stars Lounge on Navigator is also quite good. We have never really felt that we missed a forward observation lounge. Have a great cruise. Jean.

Sounds like we have similar cruising taste. As that was our routine if we weren't falling asleep in our soup after a long day of touring!Thanks for the information.

Carolyn