Saver Fare .. Sailing in 10 days .. still no room assigned !?

tonygcharles

I just received my cabin assignment yesterday for a July 28 QM2 sailing. That is probably the longest I've ever waited with Cunard. Generally I've received the cabin assignments quite early with Cunard, but that trend may be changing. I know Southampton is doing all the cabin assignments these days, even for US bookings. In the past it was the Princess office in Los Angeles.

In all my cruises, I've never received a cabin assignment at the pier. Then again I always check my booking online, even the day before sailing and the cabin assignment is always there. I think some people that get their cabin assignments at the pier actually had them in advance, they just didn't check their bookings online.

No! I rang the first time it happened ON THE DAY and was told it would be assigned at check-in. The second time, some years later, I checked on-line and it hadn't been assigned!

No! I rang the first time it happened ON THE DAY and was told it would be assigned at check-in. The second time, some years later, I checked on-line and it hadn't been assigned!

And did you get better than booked?

We are travelling 4th August (4 of us westbound TA and 2 doing round trip) and nothing allocated yet.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Looks like they are quite late at assigning the rooms ,

but at least with the saver fare you pay less and you know the cabin grade you will get

and upgrade is a bonus

We are all set to go, just a week to wait

We brought the package off Cunard , so have chartered BA flights from London to Athens then transfers

Tony