Will Princess Allow You to Use Shuttle if Flight Departure Time is Before 12:15 p.m.

February 2018 will be the first time that myself and my traveling companions have departed from/returned to SFO on a cruise, so we aren't familiar with the airport, nor do we have any idea how long it "normally" takes to clear customs and immigration. Looking on the Princess website, it recommends 12:15 p.m. as the earliest departure time for flights, but my traveling companions are looking at an 11:00 a.m. departure. My friends would prefer to take the Princess shuttle from the port to the airport, but are concerned that their flight time may be too early and Princess would deny them transport. (They don't plan to book the shuttle until they're on the ship.) For those who have SFO experience, have you been denied transport by Princess if your flight was before 12:15, and is 11:00 a.m. really too early to plan a departure? Thanks.

With regards to deviation to policy on transfers regardless of port, Princess did not allow my son to take a transfer for an 10:50 flight to FLL from Port Everglades. It might be a fleetwide policy implementation.

My son however made it to his flight with self assist disembarkation and taking an Uber. Don't know if ii is feasible in SFO. Others with actual experience will surely chime in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
With regards to deviation to policy on transfers regardless of port, Princess did not allow my son to take a transfer for an 10:50 flight to FLL from Port Everglades. It might be a fleetwide policy implementation.

My son however made it to his flight with self assist disembarkation and taking an Uber. Don't know if ii is feasible in SFO. Others with actual experience will surely chime in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

It's a liability issue, if Princess allows someone to take a transfer for a flight earlier then their recommendation, then they could be on the hook if the flight gets missed, its not worth the risk for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since none of us is familiar with the SFO airport and don't know how long it may take us to get through security, etc., we've opted for a 12:25 p.m. departure. That departure time should allow us to use the Princess transfer, which is what we prefer, rather than having to rush out on the last morning to find a taxi.