Upsell question?

Redtravel

Is it necessary to book through O to get offers?

Our upsell was through our agent on our first cruise with Oceania..Some people tell their agents what they want and don't want should an upsell be offered,(even stating a cut off point for the extra cost) so the response is immediate.I have told my agent that I do not want an upsell to Vista suite from Oceania,even if it's free.But an owners suite...free...is different but doubt that will happen.😂

Cruising in a couple of weeks,our trip was wait listed for all staterooms except OS.

We were booked in PH2 ,received an upsell offer through our TA for an OS. Our TA negotiated for us and we are excited.

Cruising in a couple of weeks,our trip was wait listed for all staterooms except OS.

We were booked in PH2 ,received an upsell offer through our TA for an OS. Our TA negotiated for us and we are excited.

Wonderful.

It's a most unusual situation as the OS almost always go first.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
There is no set time - depends on how well (or how poorly) the sailing is selling.

Please note - upgrades and upsells are not interchangeable terms. Upgrades are very rare - upsells much more common.

While I agree that is the the way we use the terms here, Oceania doesn't use them the same way. Here is a quote from an email I got the other day. As you can see what we refer to as an upsell they are referring to as an upgrade.

"

Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View!

We would like to present a limited time opportunity to experience the added luxury of an accommodations upgrade at a special price for your booking referenced above.

While I agree that is the the way we use the terms here, Oceania doesn't use them the same way. Here is a quote from an email I got the other day. As you can see what we refer to as an upsell they are referring to as an upgrade.

"

Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View!

We would like to present a limited time opportunity to experience the added luxury of an accommodations upgrade at a special price for your booking referenced above.

marketing

if you are in an Inside it would be an Upgrade in Categories but for a fee

Unlikely they would email you & say we would like to upsell you to an Oceanview from an inside cabin :evilsmile:

marketing

if you are in an Inside it would be an Upgrade in Categories but for a fee

Unlikely they would email you & say we would like to upsell you to an Oceanview from an inside cabin :evilsmile:

Quite true, the point I meant to make, (it's early here) is that it's understandable for people that aren't familiar with all the terminology to use the word upgrade when they see it in an email from Oceania.

Quite true, the point I meant to make, (it's early here) is that it's understandable for people that aren't familiar with all the terminology to use the word upgrade when they see it in an email from Oceania.

True

Upgrade for a fee VS free upgrade

both can happen on O ;)

Just like people booking a GTY when they can choose a cabin #

they book hoping to get a better cabin cat like other lines

Sometimes it works on O sometimes not ;)

• 6 months later...