Country Club Casual dress

Gator83

You could if you wanted to ... but you don't have to. You can bring on your own bottles -- whether beer, soda, wine or booze -- for consumption in your cabin.

So many people worry about this, and I understand the concern. I do. But it is NOT a problem on Oceania.

Just remember -- it's for consumption in your room. If you bring a bottle of wine to a restaurant, there will be a corkage charge of $25. If you don't finish the bottle, they will hold it for you and you can finish it off in another restaurant.

Only one corkage charge per bottle!

Back to the alcohol. Do you buy a booze package to get the bottles in your rooms??

Only the top suites get bottle set up as a perk

If you want a bottle of spirits or wine you can bring it aboard or buy it from the Bon Voyage gifts (see the pdf file at the bottom of the webpage )

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/

Wine or Champagne you can take to the dining venues & pay the corkage fee

Spirits & beer for use in your cabin only

sodas are provided by the cruiseline in your mini fridge

Not sure about the U.K., but for we North Americans once you're signed up for an Oceania cruise you are forever in receipt of brochures from O. Those brochures contain pictures of guest cruisers properly/adequately attire. So , at the least, if one came packed and prepared, on their first cruise, to resemble those models, all would be fine. Then, after gaining first hand knowledge, while on the ship, minor tweaks can be made as appropriate. I'm guessing the British get the same onslaught of brochures. With that in mind, I cannot grasp why this discussion is so difficult and hard to figure out! Are some to dense, or are they just wanting to know " what is the minimum level of dress I can wear, and get past the Maitre de?". If first timers dress like the models for dinner they'll have no problems. A total No Brainer!

Oh yes you will get the brochures and emails and lots of mail! I am so lucky to get double copies of both -- one for me and one for hubby. They even give your address to other cruise lines since I know get mail from the 3 or 4 luxury lines I have not been on (Silverseas, Viking ocean etc.) Well I can't help myself and I look at those brochures and in my mind I fit right in: Great grooming, slim figure, dainty feet in tall heels, and simple elegant swingy cocktail dresses that look "brilliant casual". I then look in the closet and get despair -- what will I wear? Well I figure and plan and pack and repack. I finally just give up and take the clothes that I wear out to dinner or to a play. Generally in black and white with a few tops that don't weigh much. Luckily every single time (30 cruises) when I actually get to the cruise the folks DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE BROCHURES. I find real people from all over the world. Most have a few mirror reflection problems like big hips or swollen feet (only from the flight of course) saggy skin and fly away hair. Translation the brochures are make-believe and the folks on the boat are real people. Some look really good and some seem to have covered their mirrors. Some of the folks brought their best personalities and some you just make sure you don't get caught with them very often. REAL FOLKS who buy their clothes in the same stores that you do. Don't worry please! Neat and Clean will do and have a good time. If you bring that nice personality most of the other nice personalities will accept you. ;p

Oh yes you will get the brochures and emails and lots of mail! I am so lucky to get double copies of both -- one for me and one for hubby. They even give your address to other cruise lines since I know get mail from the 3 or 4 luxury lines I have not been on (Silverseas, Viking ocean etc.) Well I can't help myself and I look at those brochures and in my mind I fit right in: Great grooming, slim figure, dainty feet in tall heels, and simple elegant swingy cocktail dresses that look "brilliant casual". I then look in the closet and get despair -- what will I wear? Well I figure and plan and pack and repack. I finally just give up and take the clothes that I wear out to dinner or to a play. Generally in black and white with a few tops that don't weigh much. Luckily every single time (30 cruises) when I actually get to the cruise the folks DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE BROCHURES. I find real people from all over the world. Most have a few mirror reflection problems like big hips or swollen feet (only from the flight of course) saggy skin and fly away hair. Translation the brochures are make-believe and the folks on the boat are real people. Some look really good and some seem to have covered their mirrors. Some of the folks brought their best personalities and some you just make sure you don't get caught with them very often. REAL FOLKS who buy their clothes in the same stores that you do. Don't worry please! Neat and Clean will do and have a good time. If you bring that nice personality most of the other nice personalities will accept you. ;p

Very well said !

I have yet to come away from any gathering where people have looked like the models in brochures .

Your comments were warm and welcoming to the newbies of Oceania. You didn't use words, as did the other poster, such as "dense" and "no brainer" :mad: to help the OP answer a simple question.

Neat and Clean get's it done, along with a smile and an adjustable attitude. Country Club casual is just as you described without regulation. Another thought: Rules are for fools, but a guide to wise.

They even give your address to other cruise lines since I know get mail from the 3 or 4 luxury lines I have not been on (Silverseas, Viking ocean etc.)

Do you use a TA ?

I do not believe Oceania gives your address to other lines

Why would they want you to take your business to competitors :eek:

Do you use a TA ?

I do not believe Oceania gives your address to other lines

Why would they want you to take your business to competitors :eek:

Plus 1.

Unless you specifically make a point about not sharing your info and/or get yourself on the "no junk mail" lists, you can expect that some TAs, travel insurance companies, transfer services, airlines, hotel chains, etc. may sell your contact info.

As for O sending the "brochure barrage": buy a few cruises and then, during a "book onboard" meeting with the O Club rep, ask to be removed. You should never get another O brochure in the mail.

With the e-mails, just "unsubscribe."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't worry please! Neat and Clean will do and have a good time. If you bring that nice personality most of the other nice personalities will accept you. ;p

Thanks. I'd already decided my standard "smart casual dining out" attire will do nicely - chinos and polo or short-sleeved "proper" shirt (depending on how high end the restaurant - local bistro gets a polo, Michelin 2* and above gets a proper shirt).

I was ignoring the brochure photos - had I thought it was almost a requirement for men to wear jackets, I wouldnt have booked this cruise. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to do that and then dither off ("ooo, I see something shiny!") when I get online...but getting a brochure EVERY SINGLE DAY just put me over the top. We haven't even finished our first cruise yet! Our recycle bin is literally full of nothing but O Brochures. Get a grip, Oceania!:eek::evilsmile::o

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update, now that our cruise is over. If you're wondering what to wear, I can assure you that "Anything Goes" on Regatta. Jeans in the main dining room? Yup. Literally nothing except a swimsuit would be turned away, I'm guessing. It was not a good cruise.

Just a little update, now that our cruise is over. If you're wondering what to wear, I can assure you that "Anything Goes" on Regatta. Jeans in the main dining room? Yup. Literally nothing except a swimsuit would be turned away, I'm guessing. It was not a good cruise.

It was not a good cruise because they allowed jeans or were there other factors that made the cruise not good?

I am disappointed they do allow jeans for dinner except in the Terrace

Hi- I actually wrote a 7 (yes...) page review of the cruise. Accessible here on Cruise Critic. Look for the latest Regatta review.

Believe me, it wasn't just the dress.

It was not a good cruise because they allowed jeans or were there other factors that made the cruise not good?

I am disappointed they do allow jeans for dinner except in the Terrace

Hi- I actually wrote a 7 (yes...) page review of the cruise. Accessible here on Cruise Critic. Look for the latest Regatta review.

Believe me, it wasn't just the dress.

Your review seems very much like Catlover54. Were you traveling together?

No. (I hope someone wasn't copying my review...I spent a lot of time on it) I assume if they were on the same cruise, they probably had the same feeling about it.

Your review seems very much like Catlover54. Were you traveling together?

Quoting myself here I see...

CatLover appears to have been on the same cruise with us. I'm sorry for them, because they paid A LOT more. (penthouse, wine service, etc) I'm feeling like I got away cheaply now. At least I didn't get hives or bedbug bites!

No. (I hope someone wasn't copying my review...I spent a lot of time on it) I assume if they were on the same cruise, they probably had the same feeling about it.

Quoting myself here I see...

CatLover appears to have been on the same cruise with us. I'm sorry for them, because they paid A LOT more. (penthouse, wine service, etc) I'm feeling like I got away cheaply now. At least I didn't get hives or bedbug bites!

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the cruise that you hoped for.

The only thing that might have been "prevented" would have been to avoid those few special Alaska cruises that had specials for families. They were discussed here on O boards and those who prefer to sail without children would avoid them.

Normally there are very few children on O cruises anywhere else.

Hope your next cruise will be a better one - on whichever cruise line.