Ideas on parking for Manhattan Port

tross1970

1st cruise leaving from NYC Driving from the south and really not wanting to drive in Manhattan. what would be a good train station I could pay to park my car and then easily get to the port? If there are any better suggestions, would definitely appreciate the advice.

We are sailing on the Sunshine in September.

1st cruise leaving from NYC Driving from the south and really not wanting to drive in Manhattan. what would be a good train station I could pay to park my car and then easily get to the port? If there are any better suggestions, would definitely appreciate the advice.

We are sailing on the Sunshine in September.

What exact date are you sailing? Are you driving up from North Carolina? How many people?

Look at the Hamilton Station ($10/Day - $16.25/pp train fare each way)) and the Metropark Station ($18/Day - $10.75/pp each way) for NJ Transit. http://www.nexusparkingsystems.com/faqs.html#Hamilton Cab to the port about $15.

Also consider parking at Port Imperial in Weehawken, NJ for $16/day and taking the ferry to 39th St for $9/pp each way. This is a very easy trip. One person gets dropped off at the ferry terminal with luggage while the other parks the car. Ferry is accessible with luggage. At 39th Street you can walk, take a cab, or take a free bus to get closer to the cruise terminal.

There is construction work at New York Penn Station which is causing significant train delays, so don't cut it close if you choose the train option. Be sure you arrive in the area the night before.

Edited by 138east

What exact date are you sailing? Are you driving up from North Carolina? How many people?

Look at the Hamilton Station ($10/Day - $16.25/pp train fare each way)) and the Metropark Station ($18/Day - $10.75/pp each way) for NJ Transit. http://www.nexusparkingsystems.com/faqs.html#Hamilton Cab to the port about $15.

Also consider parking at Port Imperial in Weehawken, NJ for $16/day and taking the ferry to 39th St for $9/pp each way. This is a very easy trip. One person gets dropped off at the ferry terminal with luggage while the other parks the car. Ferry is accessible with luggage. At 39th Street you can walk, take a cab, or take a free bus to get closer to the cruise terminal.

There is construction work at New York Penn Station which is causing significant train delays, so don't cut it close if you choose the train option. Be sure you arrive in the area the night before.

Thanks for the information, we are driving from NC and will be sailing on Sept. 9th. There are only 3 of us. Good to know about Penn Stattion. It sounds like Port Imperial may be my best option. Really appreciate the help!

Thanks for the information, we are driving from NC and will be sailing on Sept. 9th. There are only 3 of us. Good to know about Penn Stattion. It sounds like Port Imperial may be my best option. Really appreciate the help!

If you're looking for a hotel, we can offer suggestions depending on how far away you want to stay. To avoid NY metro traffic on a Friday night, you might want to stay about an hour out in a nice suburban/rural area near exit 8 or exit 8a of the NJ Turnpike.

If you're looking for a hotel, we can offer suggestions depending on how far away you want to stay. To avoid NY metro traffic on a Friday night, you might want to stay about an hour out in a nice suburban/rural area near exit 8 or exit 8a of the NJ Turnpike.

We may not make it quite that far Friday night. I am hoping traffic coming into NJ will be less congested on Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I would suggest that you get as close to NYC as possible, the NJ Turnpike can be a bear. If you have an accident or construction on it could easily double your travel time. Besides you have to get through Washington and Baltimore on Friday so you might as well take 3 more hours and get into Jersey.

Personally I would suggest that you get as close to NYC as possible, the NJ Turnpike can be a bear. If you have an accident or construction on it could easily double your travel time. Besides you have to get through Washington and Baltimore on Friday so you might as well take 3 more hours and get into Jersey.

Yup, traffic is really going to suck Friday afternoon from Philly on up. You should have zero issues Saturday morning with traffic if your parking at the pier next to the ship. Its very easy to park at the cruise port, however it will cost you more. You'll have to decide if you want to pay for the convince or not