Help Select Long Beach Hotel

Normal 1

Thanks to the regular Long Beach posters your information has been very helpful. Would appreciate pros/cons to 2 possible hotels.

Arrive afternoon of 2/22. Cruise on 2/24. Plan to go to the Aquarium on 2/23. Will not have a car. Have narrowed hotels down to Hilton or Doubletree Maya. Maya is $25 more per night. I have noted Maya is on the free trolley system. Hilton appears near also but perhaps does not stop near Hilton? I think the hotels will be comparable so does the choice come down to location and convenience of getting around? Which would be best for that?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. Truly appreciate the input of locals!

_____

Karen

I'd go with the Maya...it's across the channel from most shops and restaurants, but the free Passport shuttle stops right in front and gets you right there. And, it's on the same side of he channel from both the Queen Mary and the Carnival terminal...and you can even just walk to both if you want.

The Hilton is on the me side of the channel as most shops, restaurants and the Aquarium, but a little out of the way and not on the Passport route...so you'd walk an extra 4-5 blocks to anywhere...okay, I guess, if you don't mind walking...

For only 25 bucks more, I'd take the Maya...

Does Hotel Maya have shuttle service from the Long Beach airport? Definitely looks within walking distance to the Carnival cruise terminal there in Long Beach? Thanks.

Nobody near the Carnival terminal has free shuttle service from LGB...LGB is actually about 12 miles from the pier. You'd have to get a shuttle, Uber or taxi...

Thanks Steve. I've seen some conflicting info that Uber/Lyft does not service the Long Beach airport either? I'm going to look into the price to fly to LGB from Phoenix, or the cost of a one way rental dropping off there then the Uber/Lyft or taxi option from the LGB airport to the Hotel Maya. So appreciate your quick responses. Thx.

Wondering which rate you are seeing at the Maya?

There is a cruise rate which includes parking (which I know you don't need) but sometimes that rate is less than the posted rate on the web site.

Sometimes the code p41 works to see that cruise rate.

Sometimes it doesn't work and you need to e mail the reservations manager to get it. IF you are not a Hilton member than join before you book.

Wondering which rate you are seeing at the Maya?

There is a cruise rate which includes parking (which I know you don't need) but sometimes that rate is less than the posted rate on the web site.

Sometimes the code p41 works to see that cruise rate.

Sometimes it doesn't work and you need to e mail the reservations manager to get it. IF you are not a Hilton member than join before you book.

I used last minute travel for the Maya for a rate of $166. This was by far the lowest rate I found. Including those for being a Hilton Honors member (didn't have enough points to use).

I have had good luck with that site.

_____

Karen

Thanks Steve. I've seen some conflicting info that Uber/Lyft does not service the Long Beach airport either? I'm going to look into the price to fly to LGB from Phoenix, or the cost of a one way rental dropping off there then the Uber/Lyft or taxi option from the LGB airport to the Hotel Maya. So appreciate your quick responses. Thx.

Hope this clears it up.

https://www.uber.com/airports/lgb/