Celebrity cruiser tries Azamara

late2cruisin

Unfortunately, the good Liqueurs are not included.

Here's a list of the basic complimentary spirits. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

You'd have to get the premium liquor package for $15.95/day

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Thanks for the link. Wow, that's pretty limited- not even Bailey's! I didn't see anything on that list that I would put in my coffee (or even drink as an after-dinner drink) so I guess I'll keep my coffee and my alcohol separate on this cruise...:D

No dark rum included. Have to upgrade just to get a dark rum and coke.

I'd guess that everyone on this board has a special favorite that's not on the included list (mine is Campari). That's the way life is. The list can't include everything that everyone would like.

Really??? NA beer is now included? My husband doesn't consume alcohol, but he does enjoy an NA beer every so often.

Yes. It had just started being included on our cruise in October. When I asked for it the waiter had to go and check that it was included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
I understand that Azamara really does not care if you bring alcohol on board. Is that really true?

You'll find this under our Corkage guidelines...

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/you-board/guest-conduct-policy

"Azamara Club Cruises® offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10."

• 5 months later...
A special brunch for Discovers, and above, is usually held in Prime C and served by the senior officers.If there is a very large number of eligible people, such as a transatlantic sailing, it has been held in the MDR. Either way, it is quite enjoyable.

That sound nice. We will be Elite by then.

Debbie in Delray Beach

After 24 Celebrity cruises we just booked our first Azamara cruise last week. It's their only round trip from New York, NY and it's not until April 10, 2019 and it's on Journey. Even if we love this cruise we booked the lowest inside stateroom and it's costing so much that I'm not sure if we will even keep the booking.

We are Elite Plus on Celebrity so I know we will be Discoverer Plus on Azamara.

After 24 Celebrity cruises we just booked our first Azamara cruise last week. It's their only round trip from New York, NY and it's not until April 10, 2019 and it's on Journey. Even if we love this cruise we booked the lowest inside stateroom and it's costing so much that I'm not sure if we will even keep the booking.

We are Elite Plus on Celebrity so I know we will be Discoverer Plus on Azamara.

I'm afraid that of late I've noticed the prices have escalated quite markedly.

Phil

Phil

Also the fact that this is their only round trip east coast cruise that you are able to book doesn't help the prices. I could probably get a suite on Summit for less but we figure it will be our only opportunity to try Azamara without having to fly.

Also the fact that this is their only round trip east coast cruise that you are able to book doesn't help the prices. I could probably get a suite on Summit for less but we figure it will be our only opportunity to try Azamara without having to fly.

The price on all of them seems to have increased of late and for the first time in ages I have no bookings for next year. I'll just have to see how it goes. If you stick with the cruise you'll love Journey. Celebrity cruiser very smitten by Azamara, it's now my choice, up to a price point of course.

phil

Thanks for the link. Wow, that's pretty limited- not even Bailey's! I didn't see anything on that list that I would put in my coffee (or even drink as an after-dinner drink) so I guess I'll keep my coffee and my alcohol separate on this cruise...:D

In the island of Malta they add annisette in lieu of baileys etc. It was quite nice.

And yes even the premium package is quite weak.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, Azamara is on my list to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil

They have, Phil and it concerns me. I noticed their huge increases. The Alaska cruises are very expensive and Azamara has a lot of competition on Alaskan cruises. Are they even doing the med the summer of 2019.

But people are buying- they've never sold as many cruises on board as they did on the Arctic round trip this month.

I think anything that's "a one off" e.g. Round trip from NY will sell fast.

I know on the Alaska cruise we've booked three of our preferred rooms were already booked and the remaining choice was limited.

It's annoying because it may be people are booking but may cancel later and that must make it hard for the cruise line to fairly price the cruises. Of course for the non US and Canada booking and cancelling has significant penalties so we don't benefit so much if at all from dynamic pricing