Carnival just added a Waterfall excursion!

ABQrobin

I just bought this excursion for myself and my daughter. The only time slot left was the latest of the three available. I imagine this excursion will sell out. Hope this 'fluffy' middle aged lady can handle it! I get winded after 3 flights of stairs. 😳 Looks like fun!

We just got off the Magic yesterday 2/4 and did the newly added Waterfalls tour in AC offered by Carnival. The tour was amazing. Highlight of the cruise. We only did 5 waterfalls but they were amazing. I am very surprised that Carnival offers this excursion because its actually very dangerous and not an excursion for just anyone. Ill gladly answer any questions anyone has about the tour.

Also, does anyone that has done this tour through Carnival have the website to purchase the pictures from the tour. They gave everyone a little card but I can not find it. Thanks

My sisters and I will be on the Magic next month and it was not until today had a realized that Carnival added this tour!! We had originally booked the ATV tour but had read about the waterfalls on TripAdvisor but were a little nervous about it due to time and getting back to the ship. This is very exciting as this is the tour we wanted in the first place.

With that said, a few questions...

What was the temperature of the water? Is it very cold??

How clean is the water clean?? I have one traveler that noticed from pics of the falls that the water seems "murky".

And how dangerous is it? Is it just the slipperiness of the hike of the falls themselves?

Thanks!

We just got off the Magic yesterday 2/4 and did the newly added Waterfalls tour in AC offered by Carnival. The tour was amazing. Highlight of the cruise. We only did 5 waterfalls but they were amazing. I am very surprised that Carnival offers this excursion because its actually very dangerous and not an excursion for just anyone. Ill gladly answer any questions anyone has about the tour.

Also, does anyone that has done this tour through Carnival have the website to purchase the pictures from the tour. They gave everyone a little card but I can not find it. Thanks

I have a question...what did you do with your personal things? Do you leave it on the bus? Did they tell you to bring dry clothes to change into? towels from ship? We are thinking of bringing a small backpack with your S&S cards, camera, towel, etc.

I have a question...what did you do with your personal things? Do you leave it on the bus? Did they tell you to bring dry clothes to change into? towels from ship? We are thinking of bringing a small backpack with your S&S cards, camera, towel, etc.

I read on another thread that you can leave things locked in the transfer vehicles depending on which tour operator you chose I would assume.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the 7 waterfalls excursion with Carnival last week.

Definitely an adventurous excursion!

I am out of shape and found the climb up very difficult. That said, I was able to make it.

You must wear quality water shoes. The pathway is full of pebbles, rocks and small boulders. Muddy and slippery as well. They will rent you a pair of water shoes for a few dollars. Helmets and life jackets are provided. I recommend doing the first tour. We were in the later tour so had to don wet helmets and jackets that had been used by prior tours.

Lockers cost $3.00 and just fit our backpack. They did NOT allow us to leave our belongings on the bus.

For some of the people curious about this excursion, we did it through Iguana Mama last year and it was amazing! I WOULD NOT recommend this trip on your own without an experienced guide (A taxi driver in my opinion would not be considered an experienced guide. Not to mention, where would you get your helmet and life jacket from? That's an absolute necessity.) We were able to leave all our personal belongings in the van. They had clean, large changing rooms. Iguana Mama also provided a delicious Dominican buffet. Free flowing rum and mixers (even more on the ride back to port!) They also stopped at a local souvenir shop on the way. They were hand rolling cigars and there were so many choices! My biggest worry was getting back to the ship on time but they dropped us back off with an hour or two to spare! Plenty of time! Definitely worth it!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who have done this through Carnival's provider, can we (me and the teenagers) wear Chakos/sandals? I think I've seen some private providers require closed toes. If that's required I'd rather buy some in advance.

Thanks!

TAT

For those who have done this through Carnival's provider, can we (me and the teenagers) wear Chakos/sandals? I think I've seen some private providers require closed toes. If that's required I'd rather buy some in advance.

Thanks!

TAT

I really don't know. We just went and bought our own closed toe Keens to be safe. Gf wasn't open to renting shoes that everyone else has used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you do this at la romana? I don't see it listed on the site

This is Not available from La Romana, only from Amber Cove. La Romana is 4 hours away on the opposite side of the country.

Thanks!

TAT

Now that we're back, I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is curious. The Carnival provider (Nature River Park) did not require us to have closed-toe shoes and we did just fine in our sandals. I'm a 49-year old mostly out-of-shape dad and the climb up was a struggle, but not too bad with a couple of rest stops. We also weren't aware that the Carnival provider does about 7 falls (not 12 or 27). It would have been fun to do more falls, but I also assume that it would have required more climbing. So it was a fun adventure and the teens had fun. Lockers were handy (I think $3/small $5/large). There was a guy taking lots of photos/video. When you get through, they do try (pretty hard) to sell you a USB drive with all photos and videos for $55. But there's also a website (http://www.damajaguapictures.com) where you can order digital single pictures for $5 each. The videos are not available on the website. This was a pretty popular excursion. There were several large busloads from our ship that went.

Now that we're back, I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is curious. The Carnival provider (Nature River Park) did not require us to have closed-toe shoes and we did just fine in our sandals. I'm a 49-year old mostly out-of-shape dad and the climb up was a struggle, but not too bad with a couple of rest stops. We also weren't aware that the Carnival provider does about 7 falls (not 12 or 27). It would have been fun to do more falls, but I also assume that it would have required more climbing. So it was a fun adventure and the teens had fun. Lockers were handy (I think $3/small $5/large). There was a guy taking lots of photos/video. When you get through, they do try (pretty hard) to sell you a USB drive with all photos and videos for $55. But there's also a website (www.damajaguapictures.com) where you can order digital single pictures for $5 each. The videos are not available on the website. This was a pretty popular excursion. There were several large busloads from our ship that went.

Thanks for letting us know how it went!

Curious about the water temperature? It appears that the year round temp there is about 85. But we are curious about the water temperature? How was it? Warm? Cool? Cold?

We are cruising in November on the Ecstasy and wondered if we should invest in wet suits?

Curious about the water temperature? It appears that the year round temp there is about 85. But we are curious about the water temperature? How was it? Warm? Cool? Cold?

We are cruising in November on the Ecstasy and wondered if we should invest in wet suits?

The water was pretty chilly, but I think wetsuits would be overkill. You're actually not in the water very long and a wet suit would make the rest of the trip really hot and unbearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Thanks for sharing! I asked my daughter ONE thing she would like to do. She said waterfall. Anyone going on the Breeze Feb 16, 2019??:cool:

We are! Not sure what we’re going to do yet. I heard the waterfalls can be dangerous if it has rained within a couple days and that folks get bruised and cut and such.... so we aren’t sure yet on this port. How old is your daughter?