Port Canaveral Florida to Disney Springs

klangel

Taking my daughter and grandson on the Anthem of the Seas in November 2017. We have a port stop at Port Canaveral Florida. I would like to take them to Disney Springs. What are our options to get there? What will the cost be?

A rental car is one option. There are about a half-dozen rental agencies in the port area with free shuttles to/from the ship. Check the agency closing time if that might be earlier than you intend to return.

More info on the Florida Departures forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Did you know Orlando, where these are, is about 60 miles from the port, a good hour's drive. I would be hesitant to drive that far. You could miss the ship if caught in traffic jam or an accident.

Maybe you should think of going to Cape Canaveral and see space ships that actually have gone into space. We saw something sent up from Canaveral once and it was awesome seeing it go into space! This is very close to the port.

Are you going to Grand Turk? Let me know if you are and I can tell you where to see John Glenn's Friendship 7, the 1st to circle the globe -with John Glenn inside!! It landed near Grand Turk.

Did you know Orlando, where these are, is about 60 miles from the port, a good hour's drive. I would be hesitant to drive that far. You could miss the ship if caught in traffic jam or an accident.

Maybe you should think of going to Cape Canaveral and see space ships that actually have gone into space. We saw something sent up from Canaveral once and it was awesome seeing it go into space! This is very close to the port.

Are you going to Grand Turk? Let me know if you are and I can tell you where to see John Glenn's Friendship 7, the 1st to circle the globe -with John Glenn inside!! It landed near Grand Turk.

Which is why I suggested booking the RCCL excursion route - chances of missing the ship are drastically reduced

It's about an hour drive from the Port to Disney Springs. I assume the OP knows what Disney Springs is and has a reason for wanting to go there. I'd probably go for Space Center or beach but Disney Springs is a reasonable choice. JMO but not enough port time for a theme park.

Renting a car is the cheapest, and might be the best way.

Cruise line bus to the the Magic Kingdom is probably the worst way to go. Hitch hiking is the method of transportation I can think of which would be worst.

Cruise line bus is around $100 per passenger. For $300 you could book one of the transportation companies that offers fixed rate transportation between Disney, MCO and the port. Getting from Disney Springs to the MK (technically TTC or parking lot), using Disney transporation, will probably take at least an hour, possibly closer to 2. You'll probably need Uber or a taxi to get from Disney Springs to the TTC.

Some people prefer ship shore excusrions. Chance of the ship being held if a tour is delayed. Cruise line will generally assume responsibility of getting you to the next port. Many people are fine with private excursions. A major accident closes the road. Good chance the ship will be held for ship tours.

You'll want to let rental compnay handle the tolls. You'll probably have a daily charge for the convience, and possibly toll amounts.