Flat rate taxis at Seatac to port

Dan G

It's an alternative idea. It's called thinking outside the box!

I've been to Seatac twice, it's expensive to take a taxi from Seatac to DT Seattle. The light rail is the easiest, fastest and most economical way to travel in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't take the light rail carrying a bunch of luggage if it were free. So it is not the easiest, and certainly not the fastest way to travel in Seattle for everyone.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

The Port of Seattle has a new cab company at seatac airport. Some cabs are metered and others are flat rate so for the present you need to ask for a flat rate one. To Downtown Seattle which would include Pier 66 the flat rate is $39 To Pier 91 its $45. A flat rate towncar for up to 4 is $45 to downtown and $60 to Pier 91. You do not need to reserve as these towncars and limos are always in the parking garage at Seatac. Just call ground transportation and the car will be sent to you in baggage claim. Taxis you need to walk over the skybridge to the taxi line in the parking garage. I'm hoping this can get 'pinned' as the question comes up a lot

When you say a town car to downtown does downtown mean anywhere or only certain places? I know that Shuttle Express will only go to certain hotels.

Thank you

Your best option may be to arrange with hotel for ride to airport. Here is what I found. We flew into Seattle on 7 Jul two days prior to our cruise out of pier 91. we took shuttle express to the Marriott Waterfront (across from pier 66). Price was $34 for two adults and two kids. We used Lyft all around downtown Seattle. The price was between 5-7 from hotel to Space Needle or back to hotel. Marriott had flat rate of $8 per person for shuttle to port pier 91. We took taxi from port to Space needle on our return to Seattle. Cost was $8. Taxi from Space Needle to airport was $35. Hope this helps

cabs at Westin hotel or Mayflower park Hotel. To pier maybe $15-20 tops

Are either of those hotels near the airport? We're wanting a reasonably priced hotel near SEATAC for the night before our cruise. This is the first time I've seen either of these hotels mentioned.

Your best option may be to arrange with hotel for ride to airport. Here is what I found. We flew into Seattle on 7 Jul two days prior to our cruise out of pier 91. we took shuttle express to the Marriott Waterfront (across from pier 66). Price was $34 for two adults and two kids. We used Lyft all around downtown Seattle. The price was between 5-7 from hotel to Space Needle or back to hotel. Marriott had flat rate of $8 per person for shuttle to port pier 91. We took taxi from port to Space needle on our return to Seattle. Cost was $8. Taxi from Space Needle to airport was $35. Hope this helps

Very helpful information about the Marriott! I have stayed there twice pre-cruise and never thought to ask about a hotel shuttle to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a last minute cruise from Pier 66 on NCL. Trying to figure out the best options to get around. We are staying at the Westin, downtown near Pier 66 and Westlake station.

I see all the ideas for things like light rail, shuttle express. We may try light rail but need to do a street view to see how far to drag the luggage to the Westin from Westlake.

The only part which I am confused is the best way to get from Pier 66, post cruise, to the Airport. We have a lat flight at 5pm. Are there flat rate taxis at the pier 66 after the cruise or do I need to book shuttle express. If I use shuttle express then where do they meet and what time do I give them as don't know when we get off the ship.

you generally have to call for a flat rate taxi however Pier 66 is in the flat rate zone for ALL cabs so it would be $40 to Seatac. Westin from Light rail is really close maybe 1 1/2 blocks. Easy to do.