Parking options for cruise departing from Boston

sydneymate

What are my options other than the $24/day at the port or $19/day with shuttle.Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. TIA

That's about it for your choices. The Massport rate is offered at a discount for the area.

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/cruiseport-boston-faqs/

If parking at the terminal, after dropping your baggage, head to the Cruiseport Parking Lot, located a quarter-mile from Flynn Cruiseport Termninal on 22 Fid Kennedy Avenue. The lot is open air and does not have any height restrictions. A complimentary shuttle service will be provided to bring you back to the Cruiseport. Ticketed cruise passengers receive a special rate of $19 per 24-hour period. Parking paid for onsite upon arrival is $20 per 24-hour period. Cash, Visa or MasterCard are accepted

It appears you have 2 seniors ( one with mobility issues) and 2 kids 10 and 14 with you, so public transit is out. Park at the port and pre-reserve for the $19/day rate. Drop everyone off and circle around to park and have just one person use the shuttle or walk back (it's an easy walk without luggage). It will take a bit longer, but is probably the best solution for your group of 6.

Hi,

I just called the parking location listed on the port website. My intention was to prepay for parking but did not find my ship listed. Evidently, they are not running parking operations on Saturdays any more. I was told that there is another garage a block away. Is this true or what other options are available? Now, I am nervous as I need a place to park for the week.

Hi,

I just called the parking location listed on the port website. My intention was to prepay for parking but did not find my ship listed. Evidently, they are not running parking operations on Saturdays any more. I was told that there is another garage a block away. Is this true or what other options are available? Now, I am nervous as I need a place to park for the week.

What is your ship? What is your sail date? Where exactly are you coming from? How many days parking do you need?

What is your ship? What is your sail date? Where exactly are you coming from? How many days parking do you need?

Holland America MS VEENDAM, July 15th. Coming from New Jersey and will need 7 days of parking.

Many thanks for the help!

We are driving up the day before and staying in Waltham for the night. We are located near Exit 2 of the NJ Turnpike.

That's good news that you will be in Waltham! I called around this morning and spoke to the cruiseport folks. They recommended parking at the BRA-EDIC Marine Industrial Park Garage at 12 Dry Dock Avenue. I called them at 617-482-2487 and was told that parking would be $140 for the week and to just show up.

If you choose to do this, I would arrive early by 10:30 am. Hope this helps.

Meanwhile someone at the cruiseport is supposed to call me back tomorrow about the confusing state of their new website. If they want folks to choose to sail from Boston, the parking options have to be clear for every cruise, which they certainly are not at this time.

That's good news that you will be in Waltham! I called around this morning and spoke to the cruiseport folks. They recommended parking at the BRA-EDIC Marine Industrial Park Garage at 12 Dry Dock Avenue. I called them at 617-482-2487 and was told that parking would be $140 for the week and to just show up.

If you choose to do this, I would arrive early by 10:30 am. Hope this helps.

Meanwhile someone at the cruiseport is supposed to call me back tomorrow about the confusing state of their new website. If they want folks to choose to sail from Boston, the parking options have to be clear for every cruise, which they certainly are not at this time.

Wow...thank you! I appreciate the effort. The website is very confusing as people are expecting a big lot to park and to have a shuttle. However, none of that will be available.

Thanks again!

Wow...thank you! I appreciate the effort. The website is very confusing as people are expecting a big lot to park and to have a shuttle. However, none of that will be available.

Thanks again!

I received a call back today from Donna at the cruiseport. As of yesterday the cruiseport has an updated website.

What she said was that the parking lot at 22 Fid Kennedy Avenue is available on Saturday to park in for $20/day, but there is no shuttle so you have to walk the 1/4 mike back to the terminal. She also said that your Veendam sailing and other sailings should have been on the schedule to prepay at $19/day. She will contact their IT department to find out why all sailings are not being offered for prepay even if a shuttle is not also available.

The public rates at the BRA-EDIC garage have gone up to $24/day. She will look into clarifying the parking options available and the cost of each option so that cruisers can make a better informed decision about where to park. Bottom line - there is parking available.

Thanks again!

That is a relief. 1/4 mile walk isn't too bad. Is luggage drop off easy? I envision dropping off the luggage, parking, and then taking in the sights around the terminal before boarding..

Thanks!

Thanks again!

That is a relief. 1/4 mile walk isn't too bad. Is luggage drop off easy? I envision dropping off the luggage, parking, and then taking in the sights around the terminal before boarding..

Thanks!

Sorry - I've never dropped off luggage. Not a lot of sights to see. If you walk towards the bow of the ship, you can get some good pictures.

Holland America MS VEENDAM, July 15th. Coming from New Jersey and will need 7 days of parking.

Many thanks for the help!

I am on the same cruise. Driving from NJ. Coming in a day earlier, staying overnight in Boston seaport area.

Carol

Thanks for your valuable information. I will check this thread for any further updates on cruise port parking.

We are staying at the ALoft. Any suggestions to where we should park for the night? Thanks again.

I am on the same cruise. Driving from NJ. Coming in a day earlier, staying overnight in Boston seaport area.

It would be great if one of you could post back about your experience. The lady at Massport was very clear that the shuttle service is available only on Fridays for the NCL Dawn sailings. If you're sailing non-Friday's (HAL or RCL Serenade), there is currently no shuttle service. She said that the shuttle was underutilized on Saturdays, which is why they don't offer it. IMO this is a huge dissatisfier.

The website is supposed to offer prepayment for all sailings (perhaps only round trip itineraries?). They are working on it.

Carol

Thanks for your valuable information. I will check this thread for any further updates on cruise port parking.

We are staying at the ALoft. Any suggestions to where we should park for the night? Thanks again.

Not really. Parking is expensive in that area and we did it only once when we stayed at the Westin.

The Aloft web site says this. Sounds like a good deal for the area.

Parking

Short term parking spots are available out front so you can unload your luggage and get checked in with ease. When you're ready to park, there is a public lot located just one block south of the hotel on Danby & D Street. Hotel guests receive in-and-out privileges so you can come and go as you please. $25 overnight rate applies only when parking lot tickets are exchanged for a hotel guest pass at the front desk. Passes are based on availability.

It would be great if one of you could post back about your experience. The lady at Massport was very clear that the shuttle service is available only on Fridays for the NCL Dawn sailings. If you're sailing non-Friday's (HAL or RCL Serenade), there is currently no shuttle service. She said that the shuttle was underutilized on Saturdays, which is why they don't offer it. IMO this is a huge dissatisfier.

The website is supposed to offer prepayment for all sailings (perhaps only round trip itineraries?). They are working on it.

Will do.

For the Aloft you might want to check the parking lot on Necco Street. We've found that to be one of the more affordable lots in the area.

Thanks. I saw your post after we parked.

We parked at the open lot on D Street. $25 for 24 hrs.

ALoft is nice. I can see the ships from the room they gave me.:)

Hi Carol.

Latest (as of July 15) update for parking at Flynn terminal:

The EDIC garage, when called, was happy to have cruisers park there for $20/day. However, the police were redirecting all cruise parking people to the open air lot towards the bow of the ship. They would not let anyone enter the garage. So we parked at the open lot. The police told us that cruisers were not allowed to park in the garage anymore because " the 20,000 people working at the design center are complaining that they find it difficult to find parking spots in the garage" and that "they don't want you to park in their garage". I did see some disemmbarking cruisers bringing their vehicles out of the garage and loading the luggage outside the garage. So perhaps this is a very new thing.

Parking at the open lot was prepaid at the gate. There was no shuttle (this was on Saturday) to take cruisers from the parking lot to the terminal. It was a very easy walk for us, but for anyone who has difficulty, it will not be easy. There were 2 ships and we were at the terminal furthest from the parking.

Disembarkation update:

On return, I did see some people from our cruise go to the EDIC garage to bring back their cars.:confused: ???? So I am not sure how they got to park there. Perhaps they were on the previous cruise B2B or they were there earlier or the garage is capacity controlled? Who knows.

Still no shuttle to the open parking lot at the bow of the ship. Was a Saturday.