Drinks Prices

HTFCcruiser

The Cunard website has now been updated with the new bar menu prices, although my Voyage Personaliser still has the link to the old menus.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/drink_cost

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for posting this. I notice that the Commodore Club menu for the QM2 lists gins twice: once as "gin and tonic" and again as gin under the heading of Spirits. The prices are the same for gin and tonic or just gin.

What's next? Smaller glasses, charge for ice, additional "service" charge if not sitting at the bar and the waiter brings the drink to your table?

This on top of more cabins and passengers being crammed into the ships. I doubt staff was increased to maintain service levels

Our switch to Oceania is looking better and better.

What's next? Smaller glasses, charge for ice, additional "service" charge if not sitting at the bar and the waiter brings the drink to your table?

This on top of more cabins and passengers being crammed into the ships. I doubt staff was increased to maintain service levels

Our switch to Oceania is looking better and better.

I like Oceania but wouldn't give up on Cunard.

As i mentioned two days ago, Oceania's gratuities on drinks is 18%: shock horror? :evilsmile:

Cheers.

24544324631_c6ba4cc84b_z.jpg

Same on HAL 18/% ( Koningsdam last year) Solent Richard. Not only that, one had to order from the bar ( in all venues) collect the drink and take it back to your seat. No selection of Canapés only a half 'shaker jar' of nuts. :mad:

I'll stick with Cunard too.

Oceanias drinks prices and gratuities are the most expensive i have come across on a cruise,by far.

Oceania however is a premium line that markets to a much more affluent demographic. Smaller ships mean less economy of scale and therefore higher fares. The vast majority of Cunard passengers are everyday people who book standard accommodations. (Now that NCL owns most of Oceania, I wonder if that board will lament than Oceania is "free styled down" the way some here say that Cunard has been "Carnivalized". :eek: )

(Now that NCL owns most of Oceania, I wonder if that board will lament than Oceania is "free styled down" the way some here say that Cunard has been "Carnivalized". :eek: )

The CEO of NCLH is Frank Del Rio, co-founder of Oceania. His philosophy of marketing and value pricing is being implemented at NCL. And as a frequent O customer I haven't seen any debasement of the brand since Bob Binder, another co-founder of O, took over as O's CEO.

Oceanias drinks prices and gratuities are the most expensive i have come across on a cruise,by far.

I agree, but then there is the general higher standard of food plus no 'surcharge for speciality dining.

It's all swings and roundabouts.