Live from MSC Meraviglia Sailing from Barcelona 7/7/17 with lots of photos!

kikki21

Thank you to kikki, leighglo, and lugi for such detailed comments about your msc cruises. I have really enjoyed reading this, and your experiences have us reconsidering our two booked cruises with msc on the seaside. We are especially concerned about things not being clean. We too love ncl, but we have never tried royal. Do you have any recommendations on a favorite royal ship to try?

I love the Oasis class ships but the smaller Freedom Class Ships are great too. I haven't tried Anthem OtS yet.

Pros and cons: Pros: nice cabin with great views and hot tub

aqua park is much fun bith for adults and kids

Shows in the broadway theatre

Kids cocktails

Flexibility with the kids club

Cons: rude passengers and crew members

Dirty ship

Terrible food- tasteless and cold most of the time

Organisation around the ship

"Music" in the afternoon at the front of the ship coming from the crew's sundeck

really bad behaviour towards kids

Not draining the hot tub for days - really a matter of health

Chaos with reservations for Cirque du soleil

Even more chaos at guest relations

Adult's cocktails not freshly made but out of a machine mixed with the according alcohol

Food leftovers from breakfast still sitting on the tables in the afternoon.

I could go on and on...

Doesn't sound good Luigi and has certainly made me reassess my expectations for when we go. That said I'll hold judgement until I've been myself. As much as it's easy to focus on the bad things it's sounds like there is plenty that's good too.

I'm a glass half full type of person and I suspect that MSC will take action as their investment is huge and I suspect they can't afford a constant stream of reviews like this. Many of these thing sound like Issues that should be straight forward to rectify and when all is said and done this is the 7th week of cruising for this ship?

Thanks again though for your review it's been good to hear your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on the inaugural cruise of Oasis OtS and while not all kinks were worked out then either it was a great cruise with much laughter and jokes from the crew to make up for it. This crew is just miserable.

Thanks especially to kikki21 for all her info. I appreciate reading everything so LUGI has been helpful--as have others on this thread and others. Our cruises are in May, 2018. I hope issues will be improved by then; however, I don't expect hoards of children on these (UK and Nordic fjords) cruises. Like most of you, I have no issue with children (in fact I enjoy them), but we do have expectations for parents to be, well, parents. I have purchased spa passes for each of us for each cruise. We are NCL Platinum but totally avoid the Caribbean cruises (even though we live in Florida--we HAVE taken several) probably because they attract the same vacationers as do the Med cruises. The transatlantics have become our fav. Fortunately, we can choose when to cruise. I'm still looking forward to our MSC cruises (inside Fantastica--no YC!) But, I will be hoping for improvements--especially a happier crew--something we've always had on NCL and on our two Carnival cruises.

I'm worried when you say there was bad behaviour towards your kids Luigi. Is this from the staff? It sounds terrible. I can deal with bad food and premixed drink but I really can't accept bad behaviour towards my kids.

Or maybe you mean other children were badly behaved?

I'm worried when you say there was bad behaviour towards your kids Luigi. Is this from the staff? It sounds terrible. I can deal with bad food and premixed drink but I really can't accept bad behaviour towards my kids.

Or maybe you mean other children were badly behaved?

Crew and other adults as well. Kids are not appreciated here. Of course there are a few exceptions as always but it was very obvious they are not the passengers they can make a lot of money with.

Thank you Luigi again. For those wanting to get even more reviews/feedback (good and bad) there is an FB group that has quite a lot of feedback from people who have been or are on board at the moment. It's called MSC Meraviglia Cruisers Forum.

We're 18 days out now before we go and our tickets have just come through this week. Self check in has been completed on the app and I think we're all raring to go. I will most definitely attempt to do the same a the people here, posting impressions, photos and given enough data some video.

I'm in the Facebook group mentioned above - thankfully the reviews are much more positive over there. I'm hoping by the time we go there are more positive ones. Maybe you hit a bad week - fingers crossed for our trip

I'm in the Facebook group mentioned above - thankfully the reviews are much more positive over there. I'm hoping by the time we go there are more positive ones. Maybe you hit a bad week - fingers crossed for our trip

I think I'll join the group!

I don't want to continually bash MSC but the food product in the MDR was unacceptable. I didn't have much faith in Guest Relations either. I'm quite au fait with technology but the info to get onto the Internet is blatantly wrong & so easy to put right & I wasn't exactly spoken to in the nicest manner when I saw someone at Guest Relations - only the 2nd time that I've had to go to speak to someone in my cruising history & good luck trying to speak to them on the phone from your cabin. They simply never answered.

I never really saw the queue go down from Guest Relations either all week.

I've just requested to join the group too - will be interesting to see other cruisers' views.... We've e-mailed MSC a fairly long note on the issues we encountered. Believe me we're not ones to complain (have never had to on our previous cruises). We've not even had an acknowledgment to our e-mail.........

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've just requested to join the group too - will be interesting to see other cruisers' views.... We've e-mailed MSC a fairly long note on the issues we encountered. Believe me we're not ones to complain (have never had to on our previous cruises). We've not even had an acknowledgment to our e-mail.........

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're exactly the same Leigh - we very rarely kick up a fuss. I have had a survey questionnaire from MSC about feedback so I'm going to answer that today. You had crazy issues for sure & well done to you all for keeping at it. You should have had some onboard credit for sure to compensate.

It seems from the Facebook Meraviglia group that the ship has already had lots of negative reviews & the food seems to be one of the number 1 grievances.

I filled out my questionnaire today & made lots of comments.

There's no doubt the Meraviglia could be a fantastic ship if they can get the food in the MDR right & address their customer service issues.

We did enjoy our Cruise & that Cruise was the best part of my hard earned cash so it did need to deliver. We definitely made the most of it & had to laugh at the bad bits & put it down to experience.

I really hope MSC will learn & improve.

It seems from the Facebook Meraviglia group that the ship has already had lots of negative reviews & the food seems to be one of the number 1 grievances.

I filled out my questionnaire today & made lots of comments.

There's no doubt the Meraviglia could be a fantastic ship if they can get the food in the MDR right & address their customer service issues.

We did enjoy our Cruise & that Cruise was the best part of my hard earned cash so it did need to deliver. We definitely made the most of it & had to laugh at the bad bits & put it down to experience.

I really hope MSC will learn & improve.

Morning, just a quick question re the questionnaire - we've just finished completing ours. Did yours finish by redirecting you to their main page, without asking for any booking references and confirmation of submission? Thanks!!

Morning, just a quick question re the questionnaire - we've just finished completing ours. Did yours finish by redirecting you to their main page, without asking for any booking references and confirmation of submission? Thanks!!

Yes that's exactly what it did!!!

Pros and cons: Pros: nice cabin with great views and hot tub

aqua park is much fun bith for adults and kids

Shows in the broadway theatre

Kids cocktails

Flexibility with the kids club

Cons: rude passengers and crew members

Dirty ship

Terrible food- tasteless and cold most of the time

Organisation around the ship

"Music" in the afternoon at the front of the ship coming from the crew's sundeck

really bad behaviour towards kids

Not draining the hot tub for days - really a matter of health

Chaos with reservations for Cirque du soleil

Even more chaos at guest relations

Adult's cocktails not freshly made but out of a machine mixed with the according alcohol

Food leftovers from breakfast still sitting on the tables in the afternoon.

I could go on and on...

I really would love to hear more about bad behaviour towards kids and how do you know they don't change water in hut tubs? :rolleyes: I sorry I do not believe about food from morning sitting on tables.

I really would love to hear more about bad behaviour towards kids and how do you know they don't change water in hut tubs? :rolleyes: I sorry I do not believe about food from morning sitting on tables.

@Goldenbonny - Lugi had an S3 cabin as I did & at times the hot tub water was not drained by the cabin attendant. Ours was at times drained & other times not.

Our stateroom attendant also left used glasses in the cabin when he had been to service the cabin too. Maybe that is someone else's job. It appeared he didn't do that in other cabins as people started putting stuff outside in the corridor.

In our experience with other cruise lines than used glasses were always collected by the cabin attendant.

I can believe tables were left some time in the buffet as we experienced this & there didn't seem to be enough staff in there.

@Goldenbonny - Lugi had an S3 cabin as I did & at times the hot tub water was not drained by the cabin attendant. Ours was at times drained & other times not.

Our stateroom attendant also left used glasses in the cabin when he had been to service the cabin too. Maybe that is someone else's job. It appeared he didn't do that in other cabins as people started putting stuff outside in the corridor.

In our experience with other cruise lines than used glasses were always collected by the cabin attendant.

I can believe tables were left some time in the buffet as we experienced this & there didn't seem to be enough staff in there.

o! I thought he is talking about pools hut tubs. plus why would you drain hot tub every day? I don't think people do it at home .It will be interesting subject now. If he will drain it, people may complain that they had to refill it and they only left to grab a coffee ,if he does not they will complain again.... maybe a card with drain-no drain should be issued in cabin? Dishes for some time I believe but from morning to lunch no.