Shutterfly Upload Problems

QShip

Due to the recent change in policy by Photobucket I am trying to find another method to link to photos. Have been trying to use Shutterfly, but it will not allow me to upload. Just says the attempt failed, with no explanation. They do not appear to have any way to contact them for help, and the various FACs are not on point.

I am running W10, photos are on the hard drive accessed through 'photos', which is probably windows based. I have not been able to find access to photos on hd without using 'photos'. It appears the Microsoft does not play well with Shutterfly. Any ideas on how to work around it or make it work in some other manner?

Also, more than willing to use some other online hosting site if there are recommendations.

Ok, once you sign in to Shutterfly you choose the "my photos" area and click "upload".

A screen should appear that says "select files" or "select folder". If you want to upload individual pictures click select files. It will take you to the last used picture file and you can navigate through that to where your pictures are stored. Then you click the individual files (hold the shift key to choose more than one).

If you get an error code you may have settings or a security program which is blocking the transfer.

Vic

If you imported via the Win 10 utility, it will put your photos under This PC - Pictures in the FIle Explorer.

To get to the File Explorer you can either click on the Start icon in the bottom left corner (or press the Windows key between Ctrl and Alt at the lower left of the keyboard) and type "file" the search function will show File Explorer. Press enter or click to open it. Another way to acces File Explorer quickly is to press and hold the Windows key and press the "E" key.

Now to shutterfly...

When you click the Upload button from the main screen, it seems to default to "This PC" the first time. I expanded This PC by clicking on the down arrow next to it and navigated to "Pictures" listed under This PC. Yup. Seems the regular upload is broken. I was able to upload via the one by one option in the upper left of the upload window and after going to My Photos on Shutterfly, I was able to view the photo, right-click on it, choose copy address and post it here.

ry%3D480

Seems very fussy, but it worked. Honestly, if I were a Photobucket user, I would have been looking in the couch cushions for enough money to upgrade by the time I was finished with this little exercise! :o

Dave