Cruise oct preziosa - a few q's

mrsbraxton

hi all

I'm looking into possibility of booking a 5 night cruise in oct. only availability is ex genoa which may be too awkward to get to from Dublin. One TA advised flying to Milan while another said it wasn't possible to organize myself.

Trying to figure out child price but can't seem to get answer. When I do mock online booking it comes up as full price? Are children full price now? My son is 3.

I've only ever cruised in summer so is a cruise in oct worth going on or are we better to save our money and go in summer 18 instead?

To get to Genoa from Milan Malpensa, you can take the train from Malpensa to Milano Centrale and then change train to Genoa Piazza Principe, which is straight opposite the cruise terminal. It would depend on your departure time whether you would want to do this or stay in Milan or Genoa the night before - there are some very good deals on hotels - we stayed at the Hilton Milan for about £70 for the night.

Cruising in October isn't too bad, although you do risk rain in Northern Italy - we stayed at Lake Garda last year following the repositioning of MSC Splendida - the rain was terrible! The rest of the destinations were still nice and sunny and warm compared to the UK. I wouldn't be too put off.

hi all

I'm looking into possibility of booking a 5 night cruise in oct. only availability is ex genoa which may be too awkward to get to from Dublin. One TA advised flying to Milan while another said it wasn't possible to organize myself.

Trying to figure out child price but can't seem to get answer. When I do mock online booking it comes up as full price? Are children full price now? My son is 3.

I've only ever cruised in summer so is a cruise in oct worth going on or are we better to save our money and go in summer 18 instead?

here's what the brochure says about kids fares

kids%20pricing.jpg

I've done a dummy booking for the only cruise I could find which matches yours

you should be able to get a similar price to this one .

child is certainly at a reduced fare

pricing.jpg

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replies. I emailed Travel Agent and price I'm getting seems to be full price for child which is annoying. I think I'll contact MSC directly and check with them.

Although Skier52 I'm getting much cheaper price than that per adult so maybe thats why child fair isn't reduced.

Have you considered contacting MSC directly? In the online brochure, page 199, on the Ireland website, it states that children between the ages of 2-17 pay a reduced fare starting from €169pp.

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

We sometimes get cheaper prices than the UK and sometimes the position is the reverse.

If you're being charged full price it's probably that MSC is discouraging people bringing children onboard that particular sailing. A lot of those shorter cruises tend to be booze cruises.

• 3 weeks later...