A silly food question

jetwet1

I've heard that every child who is born in Britain and moves to the US after starting school has the experience of asking their teacher for a "rubber" and being laughed at by the rest of the class.

I was mentoring a Fulbright exchange teacher fron the U.K. many years ago. This female teacher ordered a "box of rubbers" for her classroom from the one in charge of teacher supplies. The male who was in charge of distributing supplies asked "Why in the world would you ask me for that?" It was eventually worked out and we all had a good laugh. Katherine

When I was at school all those years ago we had an American exchange teacher with one from our school. The two stories we were told:

a) The American teacher shouting at a child in my school to "Stop running in the corridor, otherwise you will fall on your fanny" and having to be taken aside and have that word explained to him !

b) The English teacher saying "Cherrio" to his US class at the end of lesson and the pupils looking highly bemused !

I was mentoring a Fulbright exchange teacher fron the U.K. many years ago. This female teacher ordered a "box of rubbers" for her classroom from the one in charge of teacher supplies. The male who was in charge of distributing supplies asked "Why in the world would you ask me for that?" It was eventually worked out and we all had a good laugh. Katherine

And now I'm remembering the commercial on American television from about 25 years ago featuring an English bellhop who got in trouble for asking an American guest at the hotel if she wanted him to knock her up in the morning.

a) The American teacher shouting at a child in my school to "Stop running in the corridor, otherwise you will fall on your fanny" and having to be taken aside and have that word explained to him !

Well if it was a female student, he wasn't wrong, was he? :p