2 Weeks on the QV; Cunard has become rather like Mrs May

ToadOfToadHall

Vast majority of people who sail Cunard DO NOT sail in Grills accommodation, so I also discount the $500 pppd 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why would you discount a valid comment ? The majority of cabins may not be in the Grills but it doesn't make the experience of those who sail in them less valid.

It is certainly possible to spend that amount to sail on Cunard, there is no need to go to a "6 star line".

Where have you found a crossing for $100 a day? More like £150 and you would need to book a 6 star cruise to have to spend $500 a day!

Vast majority of people who sail Cunard DO NOT sail in Grills accommodation, so I also discount the $500 pppd ��

I am aware most people don't travel in the Grills. That wasn't the point of your post. My response was a valid reply to your post when you said you have to book a 6* line in order to spend $500 a day. Not so when you can spend over £1000 pppn on a Q1 suite and £500 pppn on a Q3 :)

oh please. Prices have been going down over the last twenty years. Cabin sizes and amenities have been improving.

My experiences on the QE2 back in the day was not the romantic vision that some here seem to imagine. I remember queuing up for our jewelry at night before dinner, so yes, we all dressed up more all the time. But so did people in society in general.

Even then, I didn't remember the food being outstanding, it had to come up in an elevator ... I did prefer the Cunard countess for the meals which seemed more fresh.

The fact is, one can do a crossing for as little as $100 per day. Keeping one's expectations aligned to that reality will prevent disappointment.

If you want a higher standard, then save up for the Grills. Or sail one of the other lines where the per diems are $500 pp per day and up. Then you can complain if your Camembert is cold.

Well actually this was the post being quoted 🤔

The last paragraph was the one I was referring to. I know you probably have to pay upwards of $500 a night in Grills but not a lot of 'other lines' charge anything like that unless in their suites. You would have to sail 6 star to routinely pay that amount pppd and Cunard is the only cruiseline that does 'crossings', so if thats the type of voyage someone wants to do, then they are stuck with their prices and their food.

Why would you discount a valid comment ? The majority of cabins may not be in the Grills but it doesn't make the experience of those who sail in them less valid.

It is certainly possible to spend that amount to sail on Cunard, there is no need to go to a "6 star line".

This has nothing to do with the post I was responding to. 🤔. See my final response to Victoria. No more from me, life is just too short ☹️

This has nothing to do with the post I was responding to. ��. See my final response to Victoria. No more from me, life is just too short ☹️

Thank you for explaining you didn't mean what your post #71 said. I think I now know what you meant to say.