Zipline Mania

Just Ette

I'm going to the Western Caribbean and want to go zip lining. However, I have only 1 arm. All the excursions say physical restrictions. Before I pay for an excursion they might not let me go on, Are two hands necessary to ride a zip line? I am unable to climb a 20 ft ladder straight up for obvious reasons, but I think once strapped in I will be fine. Please someone - tell me if two hands/arms are necessary.

The zip line operator will be more in a position to address your situation. You can find out (google) the operator at the port you are interested to do the zip line. There should be a way to contact them before your cruise.

We have zip lined three times, Pigeon Forge Tennessee, Jamaica on a CCL cruise and Mahogany Bay on another CCL cruise. You need to find out if you will do the braking on the zipline to control your speed so you go fast enough to reach the end of the line but not come in too fast at the end. Not all of our zip lines required self braking but we felt the most in control that way. One hand holds the harness to keep from spinning with the other hand above and behind to apply the brakes. In Honduras we simply held onto our harness which you should be able to do with one arm/hand. The zipline company should be able to answer this question for you. I hope you can do it, it is a thrill!!!