New to Regent

Thank you ALL so much for weighing in with your thoughts and opinions for a newbie Regent couple. So, now we are faced with picking a cabin and it seems like the pickings are slim even though the cruise we are looking isn't until the fall of 2018.

So our TA has told us that the following cabins are available on the F2 level....717,715,817 and 815 I believe they all are in the front of the ship and could be an issue. The Concierge E level has 647 and 649 which appear to be connecting rooms

( might be a problem?) and 719,721 close to the elevator and also in the front of the ship. Oh me what to do?? Maybe we need to put this off a year when we can have a better cabin selection. HELP!!

Please let us know what ship you are talking about.

Yes, the cabins that I am inquiring about are on the Explorer. I guess we needed to start this process earlier to get a better selection of cabins. We just returned from a Scenic river cruise on the Rhine and we loved having a larger cabin however

I know river cruise ships and ocean ships are nothing alike. We really would prefer to mid ship thinking we feel less motion.

Unfortunately, they seem to be all booked up.

Yes, the cabins that I am inquiring about are on the Explorer. I guess we needed to start this process earlier to get a better selection of cabins. We just returned from a Scenic river cruise on the Rhine and we loved having a larger cabin however

I know river cruise ships and ocean ships are nothing alike. We really would prefer to mid ship thinking we feel less motion.

Unfortunately, they seem to be all booked up.

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. I think that the remaining choices are Explorer are great. There is nothing at all wrong with either the F2 or Concierge Suites. The suites are identical but the Concierge Suites give you benefits (like earlier excursion and specialty restaurant bookings) and the suite has a larger balcony. We have been in F1, Concierge, Grand and Master suites on Explorer so we're quite familiar with them. The suites may be slightly forward but will not affect the feel of the seas.

Suggest that you book ASAP - before your choices disappear. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you ALL so much for weighing in with your thoughts and opinions for a newbie Regent couple. So, now we are faced with picking a cabin and it seems like the pickings are slim even though the cruise we are looking isn't until the fall of 2018.

So our TA has told us that the following cabins are available on the F2 level....717,715,817 and 815 I believe they all are in the front of the ship and could be an issue. The Concierge E level has 647 and 649 which appear to be connecting rooms

( might be a problem?) and 719,721 close to the elevator and also in the front of the ship. Oh me what to do?? Maybe we need to put this off a year when we can have a better cabin selection. HELP!!

I have sailed twice on the Explorer in suites near the forward elevators or stairs and have not had any issues with noise or motion.

I am amazed that 817 is available on the cruise you are considering. This is one of the best F2 suites. I suggest quickly calling your TA and reserving that suite if you want an F2 suite. If you want a Concierge suite, I suggest 721.

.... The Concierge E level has 647 and 649 which appear to be connecting rooms

( might be a problem?) ....

We were in 649 and never even noticed any connection. Apart from the noise from the tender winch which never bothered us & the need to walk to the fore elevators to get access to deck 4 (for Compass Rose access) - great room!